Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please rate it, and tell me what do you think? It is brand new so some feedback is very much appreciated!
    Thank You.

Albdesign.co.nr

Member #
    At least use your own corner images, man. You can't just rip them off of other sites.

http://www.cameronmoll.com/

What a hilarious right-click message, also. Very ironic!
    "Sorry, that function is disabled. This Page Copyrighted and Images and Text protected! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED"

Member #

thumbs down :/

Member #
    Splash page is too busy. Hard to extract the text from it.

I fail to see what a keyboard has to do with a portfolio?

Apart from that, its ok.

Member #
    JEEZZZ! PPL THESE DAYS ARE SO PARANOIC! THOSE 'IMAGE BORDERS' ARE MADE OF PHOTOSHOP BRUSHES I DOWNLOADED FROM SOME SITE WHICH I DO NOT REMEMBER, BUT I HAVE THEM IN MY COMPUTER. LOOK AT YOUR POSTS... EDDY BONES: SHOWING ME THE 'HILARIOUS MESSAGE'...
    MEGABLAZOR: I DONT BLAME U MAN
    AND FINALLY: HERE COMES THE HOOOLY PROMETHIUM..... MASTER OF WEBDESIGN AND REVIEWER... SPALSH IS TO BUSY? OK. YOU FAIL TO SEE WHAT A KEYBOARD HAS TO DO WITH A PORTFOLIO? OK... NEVER MIND...
    BUT GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK MAN! SHAME ON ME FOR USING PHOTOSHOP BRUSHES???!

IM VERY OFFENDED. AND I DIDNT SEE THIS THREAD FOR A LONG TIME.
    NEXT TIME IF YOU ARE UNSURE PLEASE DO NOT ACUSE PPL!

STAY 'COOL'

Member #
    Easily confusable, sorry, but it doesn't help that you used the exact same gradient that he used also. But don't blow up on me, man.

Hmm, my keyboard seems to have run out of ink...

Member #
    curlyREBEL, calm down. There is no need to insult other designers and make sarcastic comments just because they told you what you wanted to know. You asked for a review, thats what you got.

As for the dreaded image borders, maybe, instead of going crazy, you should think differently: "Oh, a lot of people have suggested that they are copied, maybe other visitors will think this and it will damage the site's reputation. I think I will remove them". That would be a much better train of thought...

You are on a great, great road curlyREBEL ...... to getting yourself banned!!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by curlyREBEL
    JEEZZZ! PPL THESE DAYS ARE SO PARANOIC! THOSE 'IMAGE BORDERS' ARE MADE OF PHOTOSHOP BRUSHES I DOWNLOADED FROM SOME SITE WHICH I DO NOT REMEMBER
    This is my personal opinion:

I don't see how the use of "clip art" is any better than ripping? You're still using work that was created by another designer, even though you have permission to use it.

Had you created something from scratch (as true artists do, in my opinion) perhaps there wouldn't be an exact duplicate out there and you wouldn't have been accused of ripping in the first place.

:-)

Member #
    You want my opinion, (no?) well here it is anyway.

[GRR]
    Sarcasm didn't hurt anybody!
    (shouting, is that really a bannable offence?)

You are on a great, great road curlyREBEL ...... to getting yourself banned!!
    Will, I feel you should stop trying to play moderator. He has the right to be annoyed where his reputation is concerned. I doubt an average visitor/person looking for those particular services is going to think to themselves "I've seen (whatever element) on another site before", anymore than tiled 45 degree backgrounds are used. Designers however are trained on observing such details.

It's easy to look back and say you should have done this with a clear mind, but then we do have the sometimes unfortunante circumstances of living in the present.

Had Eddy not remarked about the brushes, I am sure he would have likely recieved positive (as in useful) feedback, but as pointed out before, the opening posts set the tone for the rest of the thread... and of course many others are just as happy to jump on board.

I don't see how the use of "clip art" is any better than ripping? You're still using work that was created by another designer, even though you have permission to use it.
    I suppose you are going to tell me you never use stock photography, or fonts next... (please don't answer that.)

The two sites in question have a few similarities, I hardly see how that builds up to an 'exact' copy. Originality is a great thing, (no really,) but using freely avaiable resources shouldn't be an excuse to **tch.

(personal opinion of course.)

[/GRR]

Member #
    Well curly, let me actually review the site now. I like the splash, and I think the heart looks awesome! Aside from what I was complaining about initially, the layout is good. I don't really like the subtle gray bars or whatever that sort of separate the header and footer (the ones that come jusst under the corner images) because it kills the continuity a little bit. The text link on the contact page stands out because it's the default color. Maybe red would do better? And let's be honest, who really uses 'reset form' buttons? Other than those minor things, it's a good site. Please disregard (if possible) my misunderstanding before (though I hope you see how it could easily happen).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads