Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I started this site at the beginning of 1998 and forgot about it for a few years. About five months ago, I decided to revive it and since then I have been tweaking and learning stuff and frankly enjoying myself. This week, I am implementing CSS and I think it improved the look a lot. Please tell me what you think and if possible be as specific as possible in your critique.

This is the new look:

LoanUniverse.com

This is how it used to look:

Old look

I welcome all comments. I am still not too happy about the color scheme or the type of fonts or headings used in the css.
    It's good to be back on the forums!
    Click here to visit my newly updated loan advice site

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Looking better now. You may want to put that opening blurb in an "About Us" section (and include it as a top menu item) and move the forum stuff up. It keeps the content fresh that way without you having to do too much (which Google's Freshbot, among others of its kind, just loves.) You may also want to have a "Webmasters" section for the link code and the search box so that people can include a search for your site's content on their own site.

Good luck to you!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Nice improvement.
    1. Now I feel like an idiot, b/c the graphic to the right of your banner is an ad. oops :ichatangel:
    2. The colors are better, and the logo is more ledgible than before.
    3. The headings "Business Loan Articles", "Commercial Real Estate Articles" etc are smaller than the links they represent. Usually a heading is atleast the same size as the content it represents. Also, centering those headings would look cool.
    4. The site still has too much information on the home page. Instead of all the content you have now, you can put links right in the content area on the homepage, linking to that information. For example, information on the technical aspects of how the site is built doesn't need to be on the homepage. People looking for loans aren't going to care about the site's host, improved message forum, or new CSS feature. All of that info could go on an "About this site" page.

Keep workin though, you're gettin closer

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I agree with most of what splufdaddy says (as usual)

I still think you need to scale the site to 100% and split the sub-navigation (articles, etc) between the left and right sides.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads