Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have designed my first website, I am sure it shows. I am having difficulty with the index page and the 'team' page. Most pages have borders set up for top, left, right and some the bottome, however on the index and team one the right border does not display when lifted. It works on my pc, but onec it is lifted the right border disappears. When I view the source code on the web it still states the trl information. What am I doing wrong? I really don't know if it me, my host, their extensions? Can anyone advise please.

website is at www.teamtowlergreen.co.uk

Many thanks

Karen

Member #
    As nobody has helped me I am wondering if my question is not clear. It may not be a frontpage issue so much as an html one. Why would my borders ( right one) not display online, when the borders are all there and the html requests that top, left and right should show. I have content in the right one but it will not appear on my index page nor the team page. It displays correctly on the others. The only thing common to the two pages that do not work is that they contain tables, as do my borders. Would that be the problem?

Member #
    Okay, what do you mean by "lifted?" None of the pages I looked at have a right border. And, you may want to constrict your layout to eliminate the horizontal scroll bar, especially if you're directing us to look at the right hand side.

Also, you're question should be in a different forum, like "Starting Out" for instance, and that may be why you're not getting the responses you'd like.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    By lifted, I meant up on the hosted site. The problem is worse than I thought if you cannot see a right border on any page. Unfortunately it all fits on a page on my pc, but I have viewed it on other pc's and like you say you have to scroll. I think it is because I have written it on a pc with a screen resolution of 1400 x 1050, but presumably most people will use something like 1024 x 768. I am generally finding Frontpage to be very unpreditable. Is this a problem of Frontpage? Would I be better to invest in other software?

Member #
    I prefer Dreamweaver. To be more precise, I start any new site in Photoshop, creating a layout no wider than 780 pixels. Then I translate that layout into html. I'm thinking you should do the same. Start over. The site right now has too much white space, uses frames, and its layout really should fit onto a smaller screen. Since MOST people now have their screen res at 1024x768, after trimming for browser attributes and user settings, 760-780 pixels is a good width.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads