Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Portent Forums was THE biggest Wargaming Forum around, with over 250,000 users, and sadly its had to close. So i've decided to make Phoenix Wargaming based on the principles on which Portent originally started, of being a rumour site.

Anyway, onto the WDF part of things:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v417/K...xwargaming.png

its just an image just now, I plan to come up with the css way of doing it in the next week and HOPEFULLY have it up by next week, if I get a good thumbs up from as many people as possible.

So, what do you think?

Member #
    I must preface this whole comment with: I am not familiar with Wargaming or Portent Forums or anything else, so, if I miss the mark because of that, forgive me.

First of all, I'd nix the Courier font, even though it's web safe, it's generally hard to read for large amounts of content. I'd go Arial for skinny or Verdana for elegant.

I'm not particularly fond of the header. The colors of the fire do not mesh well with the earthy reds you've chosen. Maybe try changing those reds to oranges eyedropped from the fire? And, the header should be flush with the white part, right now it's a few pixels thinner.

The navigation label is longer than the nav buttons. The design element at the bottom of the nav, with the angle, looks contrived. It does not match any thing else on the page and is stylistically inconsistent.

I see what looks like guides, by the nav and the Welcome label, all the way down. Faint, but perceivable.

Also about the nav, if I'm not mistaken, you cannot outline your letters in CSS. Therefore, you'll have to use graphics for your nav instead of text, which will increase your file size. Or you could change the style. That's just an observational comment, not a critical one.

In general, on the right track. I'd like to see it when functional.

Good luck.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads