Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello everyone,

Im reletively new to webdevelopment, and new to this forum as well. Would just like some comments about my new site listed below. Any tips on how I can improve it would be appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.roomexchange.co.uk

Member #
    I like that your site is simple. Something bugs me about the View Ads pages, though. Nothing disastrous, and it's kind of vague to describe. But my eye is looking for a little more design structure.

I wouldn't bother with a "Step 1." Rather, I'd put the Step 1 select box below all the Step 2 info. (just the box, don't bother with anything other than saying "Results per page" or whatever), because your page is about finding a room. The number of results per page is secondary.

The non-menu type in purple is overtaken by the type describing the drop-down box choices. Again, my eye is just looking for more hierarchy to the overall design. Finding a room can be such a chore, so you want to make the process as easy as possible for your viewer. I have to look halfway down the page before I see a choice for "Room type," plus you have to fight your way through the larger purple "Or" and 3 "And's." The drop-down boxes should imply the "And," unless it somehow messes up the results. I'd get rid of them, otherwise.

This is just one person's opinion, though. I do like the simplicity, and it's easy to navigate.

Any way to post room pictures, or at least the building they are in?

Member #
    Very insightful comments.. Have made some changes, but there's more to come. Thanks

Remove Ads