Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello all, nice to be here!

I have completed (well minor things being fixed) this site, and would invite you to have a gander and tell me what you think. The company is in fact my main contractor for work as a freelancer, so I'm hoping to do a good job! This site is aimed at charitable organisations, and I was trying to appear smart, and professional, but not to corporate... approachable I guess. Anyway C & C totally welcome, as far as I know the whole thing validates xhtml 1.1 transitional, CSS 2 (except for some IE 5 hacks, not gonna lose sleep over that), AAA (well passess the cynthia says test), & 508. Some reason Bobby validator isn't feeling it and refuses to parse the thing! Oh well!

Tested in FF 1.01, IE 5+, 6, Opera 7+ & NS 7+
    Mac users I'd love to know whether it works or not, I suspect the latter, at least in IE, but not overly concerned as statistics suggest around 0.1% of visitors use Macs to us!

On with the show:

http://www.merseysidecharities.co.uk/3tc4u/

Many, many thanks in advance!

cheers,

Aus

Member #
    very nice site. You have incorporated the stripes very well.
    Question: on your repeater for the stripes how high is that file
    moving on

the color choice is very good and they all compliment eachother.
    you prob. said you would get to this but You really should have a banner at the top. I would put stripes in it though

:cheeky:

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The text is a bit too light and in some places too small.

Also, some browser differences I noticed with the side navbar:
    1. In IE, there seems to be lag swapping the images (a telltale giveaway of a crappy rollover script written by Macromedia if you happened to use Dreamweaver to make your page). No problem in Firefox.
    2. In Firefox, the pointer needs to be over the link text itself for the description text to change. In IE, it can be anywhere in the cell.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by filburt1
    The text is a bit too light and in some places too small.

Also, some browser differences I noticed with the side navbar:
    1. In IE, there seems to be lag swapping the images (a telltale giveaway of a crappy rollover script written by Macromedia if you happened to use Dreamweaver to make your page). No problem in Firefox.
    2. In Firefox, the pointer needs to be over the link text itself for the description text to change. In IE, it can be anywhere in the cell.

OK, good points!
    No, I did use dreamweaver to make the site, but the rollovers are 100% CSS. I have put in a preload script but I guess that didn't happen! Or it could just be IE being random..it sucks as a browser. I've implemented one of those suckerfish js files to mimick the :hover pseudo element in IE for non a tags, i.e. the background changes li:focus in IE as well as any superior browser. As for the font-color, I'd argue that the important bits were darker than other bits, primarily to draw attention to certain aspects of the site, and away from others like the footer.

As for the banner, well there is a banner!! It's a background image defined via CSS so should be appearing for you. Something along the lines of equlity in technology?

What do you mean by repeater file size? It's a 3kb jpeg 1600px wide by 10 px tall, and set to repeat only vertically via css, does this help?

Member #
    CSS rollovers usually skip when you use a background image on the roll as opposed to a solid color. Just what I've noticed, anyway.

Nice site!

Remove Ads