Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please check out my site at http://personalpages.tds.net/~wendyr

I am hoping to upload it to it's official url soon, but wanted to get some opinions on how it's loading. My boss wants to target high end clients with high speed connections.

I'm interested to know how the site loads for you and what your connection is. I have dsl and it is a little slower than I would like; although at our office location it loads great with roadrunner (cable). Thanks in advance for any tips, comments, etc.

Member #
    I don't see the need for a complete reliance on flash in you content pages. What you have can very easily be made in html/css, which would reduce load time. I'm on slow cable and it loads very slowly on my connection. Also, the page is blank untill everything loads, which could lead the viewer to think that the page is broken.

Member #
    i think your boss is missing the point. not all potential buyers and high end clients have high speed connection. you'll be loosing alot of potential profits by basing customers on "how fast" their connection is, considering not many people who are interested in landscaping are internet whizzes.

i like the design. like Jack000 said, why use flash when xhtml can easily do the job.

one design flaw though. the black and white print used as a background. change it so its more dull as its kinda in your face.

eg. turn the black to a light gray or caramel.

Member #
    I use a DSL line, (512k) and I found it very sluggish to use, buttons would stick and pages would hang whilst loading. I couldn't even do tasks within the browser window because the site in question was making things slow.

With that layout background in place there's no hierarchy of contrast on the page, it appears very distracting!

I also fail to see the correlation between people with ultra high speed 1mb+ internet connections and people wanting a garden design? It seems unwise, if not plain stupid imo.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree with the above,

also I found the image gallery a little slow and not very easy to use. The little square are a bit small, tumbnails would be a lot better.

Member #
    Thank you for your input. I had suggested doing an alternate HTML site, to give the user the choice, and he didn't think we needed it. I will pass along your points.

Besides that, are you liking the design of the site? Thanks again.

Member #
    Besides I think all that flash is horrendous for the search engines if I'm not mistaken.

Remove Ads