Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm a freelancer, and I have recently revamped my website. I was wondering what you all would think of it.

The front page is just the blog, and of course a jump page to the portfolio. I'm not a big fan of Flash, but i made the portfolio in flash for practical reasons. While i'm not a fan of it, it is something I know how to do, and i would like to have examples of Flash to help sell the idea, the problem being very very few of my clients have asked for flash, and none of them consist of anything that really showcases what i can do.

So i tried my best to 'justify' my use of flash, outside of the practical purpose, because i very easily could have done it all in XHTML. I'd like to think i succeeded, as i have animation on there that's more atmospheric (with hidden triggers) but none of which is actually necessary to the design or navigation, so it's kinda like easter eggs, i guess. That, and i tried to keep functionality and ease of use a factor, so i didn't go over the top, keeping everything pretty low key.

One thing i am proud of are the print/illustration viewers, which are a CSS/PHP include template i made. it's nothing fancy or amazing, but i've only recently begun looking into pure CSS design as on optional alternative to tables. just to have another trick in my bag i guess.

but yeah anyway, that's it in a nutshell, the personal part being teh homepage, and the portfolio being teh flash page.

any comments/critiques are appareciated.

Dennis

Member #
    Hmmm...a link might help!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Hahah aww man i'm sorry. I'm starting to come down with something so i was a bit out of it.

http://www.freethinkersmovement.com/

Member #
    the first page after I clicked the enter link had no content. Some intro text might help. It's not immediately apparent that the site is related to web design.

Overall the design's great, even though it's entirely flash...

Member #
    yes i've noticed that as well.

i had planned on putting some kind of content up there, especially because i think some people may not realize that some clients have web and print work showcased. most of my clients are simply web, so they may not notice the change when some come up with web and print.

i haven't had any complaints yet, but you never know.

thanks!

Member #
    not totally perfect, but a good design. too small text; I know there is AA issues with flash but still it's too small.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    It's really nice, showcasing advanced Flash for every-day consumption. I like the eye of the one silhoutte. I like your scrollbars, but I fear they may be too subtle for the average web-user.

I found at least one typo, so I'd look through your content again. Also, I wonder if by "manifest" you intend "manifesto" because that looks to be the case.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    thanks for that. i ran all my text through a spell checker, but i may have missed a word. is the "Manifest" the typoe you were referring to?

Member #
    I also ran into an uncapilatized "i" somewhere.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads