Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Old site: http://www3.telus.net/photoblocker/photoblockermain.htm

New Site: http://www.photoblockercanada.com

I added a dropsown menu and indented the text, and moved things around.

Should i keep the background white or change it?

Thanks

Matthew

Member #
    I actually prefered the old site, not sure what advice they gave you? The red background was a tad harsh on the eyes though!

You need to define the content area more, don't keep the white bg, use a softer more suttle colour. Also, the animated gifs look tacky and are very annoying! I would get rid of them.
    TALKFREELANCE.COM

Over 1,700 members and growing!

SoD
    Member #
    i liked the new site better because there was no red bg, but the animated gifs is pushing it. find something stable you can put in its place because if there was nothing there it wouldn't look good iether. and one more thing if you take off the flags and put something not related to canada make sure everyone knows its cad your talking about.
    [`'*^~-.,Eddy,.-~^*']
    I hover not above nor below but between the two realms of life and death.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    A couple points not related to design, but definitely issues that will prevent you from selling your product:
    1. Your product claim is not believable. Your proof is one set of photos, with the "blocker" photo obviously taken in significantly more light. I think if you're going to prove this thing to people, you'll have to get 10 or 20 cars and make a gallery of photos, and make sure that the pictures are taken in the same light.
    2. Even if I were to believe your claim, I as a consumer would be worried about the legality of using your product. You'll have to address this concern if you want to successfully sell to people.

EDIT: By the way, if you are serious about selling these things, you should get your site professionally designed. Right now it looks amateurish, like a fly-by-night take-your-money-and-run scam.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I can't agree more with Transio there. From the evidence supplied and the language used I immediately dismissed it as a scam.

Member #
    Actually, I think the reason for the more light in one of the photos is one of those Marketing ploys, where they make the one they want to be selling their product (in this case, the photo "with") brighter, so you're subconciously attracted to it. (or am I completely wrong?)

But as you said, it just looks wrong on here, i'd get them both on the same light level.

Member #
    true that marketing designers use more light to influence the consumer, but that is a very badly done one on the site. the license plate and windows give it away and the colour is too bland compared to the before. if your product does what it claims, put a photo without and ACTUALLY with it on. otherwise you're scamming the consumer and fake advertising is illegal in some areas of the world.

Banned
    Member #
    the more light is the flash from the camera, that is how the product works. The flash from red light or speed cameras is the only way to get the blur, these cameras use anywere from a 50-500 watts flash. consumer cameras use maybe 10 watts at most. People can't tell its on the car when looking at it.
    All the info is on the media reviews, the product is selling really well all over the world. This is no scam, i did alot of home work into this befor i bought in. I just started selling it online. Trade shows and at the race way and in the mall at X-mass is where im set up. also have a few car part stores selling it for me, and a car wash. take a look at the reviews. all the info is there.
    dinot1985: the plate is treated wiht the spray the affect is with a powerful flash and what it would look like driving down the street.

Holy Promethium:
    You can't put them in on the same light that is the point of the product. it ONLY works with a flash, if you area does not use a flash speed enforcement then get the plate covers.

transio:
    How should i word the media reviews link to get people to go there? I don't want to make my main page with clutter from the media that i have in the review.
    The animated flags will be gone and i will reword my content and get a few friends and people that bought the spray to look it over, for background i was thinking a light pinkish maybe??
    Thanks.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2258
    Holy Promethium:
    You can't put them in on the same light that is the point of the product. it ONLY works with a flash, if you area does not use a flash speed enforcement then get the plate covers.
    If the photoblocker only works with the powerful flash and dosnt display a license plate. Without the photoblocker it theoretically should. So try doing both the pictures with that wattage of camera.

Banned
    Member #
    http://www.laserjammer.citymax.com/p...ge/1124915.htm
    near the bottom
    The Photostopper can and results same as the rest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads