Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys,

Have been an observer for a while but just thought i'd show you my first site that i did. Love cars, love website design but have a lot to learn about both.

http://www.madhatterscustoms.com.au/

Any constructive critisism welcome

Member #
    Considering you say its your first website its really good.
    Only a few concerns:
    The black outline on the email address at the bottom makes it seem a bit weird. Considering the fact that it has no outline at the top and bottom. If you could add back in the outline top and bottom, it would look a bit better.
    I'm not understanding the reason for two header images? Is it to try make the website seem larger than it is or something completely different? It may help if you removed the bottom header image, then aligned the Navigation controls to the left of the text itself.
    Final Point:The people you're hosting with, should they not provide you with email forwarding addresses? In which case you could have the madhatterscustom@hotmail.com replaced with: contact@madhatterscustoms.com.au

but apart from that, its all good!

Member #
    Hey champ,

Thanks for the first reply. Was getting worried there.

The other header image was really only to give it a bit more visual representation. If i didn't have that pic in there i didn't really think people would have much reason to go to other pages other than the gallery. Since its a really visual business, i wanted to make it a really visual site.

As for the email address i think it was a 'trim' mishap in Photoshop. Will have to fix that

As for the email forwarding, it wasn't really something that was gotten into since i was up against a crap timeframe.

But thanks for the feedback though mate.....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitatedesign
    The other header image was really only to give it a bit more visual representation. If i didn't have that pic in there i didn't really think people would have much reason to go to other pages other than the gallery. Since its a really visual business, i wanted to make it a really visual site.
    In that case, leave it in there.

Just so you know, you can Validate your site to be HTML transitional which will make it better in crossing browsers (so it'll appear identical or near to identical in all browsers)
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos....au/spray1.htm

Member #
    Hi there!

Firstly, I'm going to say that I feel your splash image is fibbing a little - I can view your site perfectly well in my 1152 by 864 pixels resolution, and the fact that I am using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.1 doesn't seem to hinder my visit either .

I think that a quick copy check on your website is in order, as I have spotted a few (very simple and minor) mistakes, that detract from the 'professionalism' of the site, in my opinion.

Also, I find the font you have used in your navigation, and for your subheadings within the 'Gallery' page, a little hard on the eyes. Possibly changing this font to another, and slightly increasing the size would make it more readable? (Also note some of these images have black backgrounds)

I feel that your 'Gallery' page doesn't do enough to show off the great skills that the company has. Perhaps having a description of what was done in each 'case study' would enable the portfolio to grow somewhat?

A comment with regards to your large images - reducing them in physical size (to around 800 by 600) would allow the site to be more accessible by 56k users, while also lowering the amount of bandwidth used by these large images?

A quick niggling note - the contact page says you can contact via phone, fax or email, but I don't see a fax or phone number their other than the mobile number? .

On a leaving note, I'd like to say what a great job you've done for a first website - it's really good! At the moment I'd give it around a 3/5 as a rating. Good luck :thumbsup:
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Any more for any more?

Remove Ads