Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

This is a site I'm making for a guy who refits the leather interiors of clasic and vintage cars.

I have only designed the layout so far, so the links in the navigation dont work yet.

Anyway, here was my first attempt (which I've pretty much given up on):

www.rrss.co.uk/cooper/

This is the second go:

www.rrss.co.uk/cooper2/

I think the first mockup wasn't too good, but I included it in case anyone things there are any elements that could be carried across.

Thanks for your time.

Member #
    I love the second one. It loads quickly and it's really fun to play with.

I'm thinking someplace you may want to put in a plain text menu though so you don't have accessability issues. One would hope that the old people with lots of money that get their interiors re-leathered will have Flash players on their computers, but there's really no guarantee.

Member #
    I like the second one more. But I notice that you are using flash for the links. I suggest you also have text-only links somewhere on the page... like at the bottom.
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks for your replies,

Eddy - You say the site loads quick, just wondering what connection you have? (If you say 56k I'm a happy camper )

I know what you both mean about the Flash navigation. I don't think the site will be big enough to include text based nav without imposing too much.

Instead the finished site will have Flash player detection, replacing the Flash content with standard graphic and text alternitives.

Member #
    Wohoo, second absolutely! Very fun, but add the image fader from the first one and you got yourself a winner.

Member #
    Yeah, I'm on 56k.

Member #
    Agreed, the second is far more refined and a little sharper in overall appearance.

Maybe a more colour contrasting rollover, yellow or orange perhaps? The green on it's own can eventually seem a little dull.

Maybe a subtle shadow for the title?

I noticed on the left side of the page you have a background that runs into a very similar styled border using the 45 degree pattern. I realise you're going with the 'half and half' idea, but it makes the content box less defined.

Looks good,

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks for the advice,

I'm not too sure about putting the image fader back in the title, I decided it gave a scrufy look, however I'll probably use it else where in the site.

I agree with Trico on the rollover effect (after what seemed 100s of differnt colours) I've changed it to a dull orange.

I also see what you mean about the background behind the content box. I've removed it for now, but may experiment with a 'very faded' version.

I'm not convinced about the drop shadow in the title, I want to keep it looking quite clean.

Thanks again,

Anyone else?

EDIT: I've now tweaked the nav a little and added the other pages (still no content, but there their ready). Also added a news scroller.

Member #
    I think it will look better if you dont add a dropshadow. For the navigation I think it would be better if the rollovers instead of stopping randomly like between lets say home and services if it went to one of them and not just floated in between them. Do you know what I mean? As for the overall design its nice at first but after a few mintes I get realyl bored of it for some reason. It may be the one header image of the cars interior. Its a very low quality image so maybe if you replace that with one of higher quality it may look better but I really dont know how else you could liven it up a bit.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    For the navigation I think it would be better if the rollovers instead of stopping randomly like between lets say home and services if it went to one of them and not just floated in between them. Do you know what I mean?
    Yeah, I know what you mean,I was thinking about that. So the follower dosn't move until you rollover another link, then 'pops' across.

Only trouble is I can't work out how to do it :shame:.

As for looking boring, maybe it'll look better with some content in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads