Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Can someone visit the site I'm working on tell me if they can hear me coughing when it loads?

The link takes you to the file page - just click on "index1.html" to get to the page with the sound.

Here's the link (there is no contact info on the page and no way to make purchases):

http://quittersclub.cjb.net/

Thanks,

Duck :beard:

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    That music made me smile. Is that Little Egg Harbor, NJ?

How do you put a flash file on a nonflash site, if you don't mind my stupidity? Just copy the code in flash and stick it into the html?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    And thanks for checking my site, btw. I had almost given up on the sound problem.

Duck

Member #
    Yeah it's EHT, New Jersey. Make a flash file that is 18wide x 18high. Put the cough.wav file in it, don't forget to put a stop command in the flash so it doesn't repeat. The nice thing about the flash is it will really only be as big as the wav file. Use the following code to put the file into html:

Code:
    <OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" 
    WIDTH="18" HEIGHT="18" 
    CODEBASE="http://active.macromedia.com/flash5/cabs/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0">
    <PARAM NAME="MOVIE" VALUE="FILENAME.swf">
    <PARAM NAME="PLAY" VALUE="true">
    <PARAM NAME="QUALITY" VALUE="best">
    <PARAM NAME="LOOP" VALUE="false">
    <EMBED SRC="FILENAME.swf" WIDTH="18" HEIGHT="18" PLAY="true" LOOP="false" QUALITY="best" 
    PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> 
    </EMBED>
    </OBJECT>
    Replace FILENAME with your flash file name. That should do it for you, let me know if you need more help.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You still there?

i thought I'd be able to handle the rest from your instructions but it's not working. probably because i'm doing it wrong.

What extension do I use for the html file for the flash?

I'm using "Power Bullet" to create the flash sound file. Should I be able to hear the .wav file when I do an "export" test in the flash editor?

Also don't I have to upload the flash sound file to my site or will it be loaded when I upload the html? I get an "error" when I try to upload the swf file. Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for your help.

Duck

Member #
    Hey, I'm back...Ok here is what you need to do:

1) Create the flash file give it a FILENAME.swf export it and save it.
    2) Use the code I gave you last post in an html document. It can be of the .htm or .html extension.
    3) You will need to upload the flash file seperately to your host. The error may be because the host does not allow flash files (typically bandwidth hogs).

You should hear sound once exported, saved, and played in a flash player. If you are having trouble making the flash file let me know, I'll whip one up for you once you send me your cough.wav file. Questions are never a problem, that's what this forum is here for. Hope this helps...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofreak9
    Hey, I'm back...Ok here is what you need to do:

1) Create the flash file give it a FILENAME.swf export it and save it.
    2) Use the code I gave you last post in an html document. It can be of the .htm or .html extension.
    3) You will need to upload the flash file seperately to your host. The error may be because the host does not allow flash files (typically bandwidth hogs).

You should hear sound once exported, saved, and played in a flash player. If you are having trouble making the flash file let me know, I'll whip one up for you once you send me your cough.wav file. Questions are never a problem, that's what this forum is here for. Hope this helps...
    Hey, thanks for all your help. Right now I have both the flash embeded sound file that you recommended and my old .wav file uploaded and yet I only get sound in Mozilla when I go to the site, hit the back button on the browser, and then hit the forward button. IE doesn't play the sound at all. Weird.

I'm using the full URL links to the sound file with the complete server address. Is this correct? At least the flash .swf loaded, though. So I sense it's almost there.

You seemed to suggest I upload the html for the sound file in a seperate file, which I did. Or should I insert the code into my index.html page?

Thanks for any further advice.

Duck

Member #
    If you thought I meant to make a seperate html file then i missled you. I meant the swf and html will be seperate files. The code should be in your index.html file. I see that the code I gave you is not in your index file. What is your test file's address with that code? I'll look at it for you.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hopefully these are the links you mean:

http://users.cjb.net/quittersclub/index.html

http://users.cjb.net/quittersclub/sfile.swf

http://users.cjb.net/quittersclub/soundfile.htm

I included links to other files just in case you need them.

Sorry I'm being such a dunce. I did make the seperate files (i think), though. I'm just not sure I did it correctly.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Before you respond, I see that I didn't switch the link for the old .wav file with the new one you suggested. So let me change that first and see what happens.

duck :ermm:

Remove Ads