Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am creating a site for my sister-in-law who has a sign language business called, "Hand for Hire". The site is finished other than content. I used the controversal iframe to load new content without refreshing the whole page. I would appreciate thoughts on a div rather than the iframe. Any comments in general will be greatly appreciated, but especially appearance, and functionality. Link:

http://www50.brinkster.com/handsforhire/

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I like the colour scheme.

Main problem at the moment is that the text in the title is pixelated.

I also notice the title is made up of two images. Merge them in to one and it'll look a lot smoother.

(I also noticed you used a Javascript so I couldn't 'right click' with out turnng off Javascript).

Member #
    I like the look, but the left navigation rather annoys me. I like the idea, but I don't like that you have to mouse over the text itself. If you use display:block; on them the whole area will be clickable.

The header image is nice, and the two little hands below the nav are a good touch. I agree with Richard about the header text though.

Member #
    Looks pretty good, though what Richard said about the text in the title does look bad. And also it's probably just me, but I like sites that are centered and not off to one side or another.

Member #
    Thanks for the comments. I changed the title to text, faster load and got rid of the pixelation problem. And the Nav is now clickable inside the blocks, not just the text. Lastly I centered the site, which does look better.

Remove Ads