Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GFX Designs

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am making a website to hopefully increase sells. Tell me what you think of it so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Member #
    I like what you've got...one suggestion would be to make the loop you have around the sphere smaller, it takes up alot of room right now.
    Also, try moving the sphere over a little, so you can take the line that runs the length of the page and move it left a little, so it takes up less real estate. I am assuming that will be a margin and all text will be to the right of that line, so the margin doesn't need to be as big as it is.
    Two typing corrections I'd add:
    ProfessionAL logo design
    and you have about me and contact us right next to each other. Change it maybe to just Contact, because you mention ME and US right next to each other. Other than that, looks nice.
    Let me know if you need help slicing it when you get it finalized. I'd be glad to slice it for you.

Member #
    I propbably will need you to slice it. One prob though... Moving the big circle thing will mess up my bar. I am gonna see other feedback first.
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Member #
    Very nice. I just wouldnt make it wider than 780 though, because it will make a horizontal scroll bar then when its not really necisary(sp?)
    But i think the big circle should stay that size. it takes up space well and has a nice look to it.
    Oh and maybe get a new name lol.

Member #
    i think it looks nice. Nice and clean. Very nice.
    -Taylor Fate

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The only thing I would do to it is lose the vertical line and allow text to appear there instead (or at least a submenu.) Otherwise you're going to have a big gap of white space that'll look kind of silly. The other option would be to colour it in with a light colour, but that wouldn't be much better.

Other than that, I like it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    man... I sure wish these were my interests when I was 13 instead of running the streets like an idiot every free minute I had.. lol.

anyway.. to the point..

I like what you have so far but it needs more work obviously..

I think your blue should be a little darker and the text on the navigation white so it creates a nice contrast.

the logo should definately be smaller and possibly the lines on it could have a different color than the blue.. I would suggest #CCCCCC or something gray..... with the 2 main lines that start your navigation on the right and left border would have the same blue as the one you pick for navigation..

Also.. I'm not sure what font you are using... but try Verdana.. Capitals.. Size 10 or 12....

One last thing.. the nav part doesnt really flow with the rest with the curve on the left.. try to think about that part a little more..

hope this helps..

overall good work buddy.. keep it up.. I get very excited when little guys like you dig this stuff.. keep us updated on your work

later

Member #
    Dang, where is transio when you need him? I love that he does some stuff his way and gives everyone ideas. C'mon transio, fix my layout lol.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Ok, you asked for it....

Here's the best i could do for ya:

GFX Website

I attached the slices and html as a zip file

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I think you need to tweak the design a little.... ivcho and game make some good points.

Nonetheless, i think it's an awesome design.

Take a look at the HTML I gave ya just to get an idea of how I would put it together. There are 10s of other ways to do it, though, and still make it look good. You should play around with the HTML and slices yourself and see what you come up with.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads