Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eidetaker

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please tell me what you think of eidetaker.com, an online gallery designed for Michael Snyder featuring his work in photography, photo-manipulation, and design/art-direction.

All comments/critiques are highly appreciated!!

Member #
    I think you did a great job! The menu system works perfectly, and it's good how you can move it out of the way to view the photograph on its own. Thanks for sharing!

Member #
    Any chance you could give us the option of turning the sound off?

Apart from that, good

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Promethium
    Any chance you could give us the option of turning the sound off?

Apart from that, good
    You can. When you click the little area for the menu, you will see beside the sections a little bar (with a kind of equalizer looking animation), and you can click that for all the sound options.

Member #
    This is my first post and I love looking at other design work. I loved this site and just let me say that what I think sets designer's (at any level) apart from "wannabe" designers is that they know how to create an experience for the users. I had a real appreciation for the imagery on the site and I just have a couple of thoughts that you might/might not agree with.

When viewing photography I really feel that you can distract the user from the images very easily by adding animation. I like your menu but I don't think it should move around on the picture. If you did want to allow the user to move it maybe it could be on a click action?

On your image manipulation gallery I thought it might be nice to see the image pre-manipulation also.

I like your choice of music but I think it is also a distraction. Some of the photographs were scenic and serene and I didn't think the music fit with the theme. You know how some photographs make you feel happy, sad, nastalgic etc. The music was rather ummmm... eerie in a way I guess. It was cool but kinda dark! Just my opinion.

I also liked the smooth transitions. The only thing is, you kinda get tired of the transition animation in between all the gallery images etc. Maybe that could be shorter or something. Not sure.

Anyway, I'm gonna stop now... I just wanted to let you know a few of the things I thought from my 5 minute visit!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by minigino
    You can. When you click the little area for the menu, you will see beside the sections a little bar (with a kind of equalizer looking animation), and you can click that for all the sound options.
    Thank you minigino for explaining!!... I don't understand why people ask about this. I think I will have to find a way to make that button a little more obvious, even though it seems quite obvious to me!!.... %$#@^%$%$#@

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OZarts
    even though it seems quite obvious to me!!.... %$#@^%$%$#@

Graphic designers think differently to your average web surfer, so I think this site will impress OTHER graphic designers or members of the design community, but may be confusing to others.

A good example of this is the site:

http://www.sjb.com.au/

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by lehcar66
    When viewing photography I really feel that you can distract the user from the images very easily by adding animation. I like your menu but I don't think it should move around on the picture. If you did want to allow the user to move it maybe it could be on a click action?
    First off, thank you lehcar66 for the feedback.

As for the suggestion above, the idea of the desapearing menu was specifically made to remove all distraction from the image when the user wants by simply moving the mouse up or down. So even though I do understand your concern, I have gotten several feedbacks that actually state the opposite saying that the disapearing menu help to see the entire picture with no disrtactions what so ever. :beard:

Quote Originally Posted by lehcar66
    I also liked the smooth transitions. The only thing is, you kinda get tired of the transition animation in between all the gallery images etc. Maybe that could be shorter or something. Not sure.
    I did get the same feedback from others. I will see what I can do about this even though I did discuss it with Michael who, like me, don't understand how that transition bothers people as it takes less than a second to transition... :bandit:

Anyway, thanx again for the feedback. I might sound like I'm just ignoring most people's feedbacks, but the truth is I'm learning and I will apply what I learn from those feedbacks in future projects.

So thank you all for the great feedbacks.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cladode
    Graphic designers think differently to your average web surfer, so I think this site will impress OTHER graphic designers or members of the design community, but may be confusing to others.

A good example of this is the site:

http://www.sjb.com.au/

True, but that is the main point of this site. This site is intended to be viewed mainly by other designers as well as design firms. It's sort of a 'resume' showcasing Michael's work in a way that will, hopefully, attract the kind of people he would like to interact with!!... It was not designed for the average surfer looking for fun or information!... :chinese:

Thank you cladode, I trully appreciate your feedbacks.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OZarts
    As for the suggestion above, the idea of the desapearing menu was specifically made to remove all distraction from the image when the user wants by simply moving the mouse up or down. So even though I do understand your concern, I have gotten several feedbacks that actually state the opposite saying that the disapearing menu help to see the entire picture with no disrtactions what so ever. :beard:
    Disappearing? It didn't disappear for me in IE? It did follow my mouse which I thought was distracting. Just my opinion. :classic:

I remember VW had a flash menu that you could click and hold to move the menu around wherever you wanted and I thought that was pretty neat... and functional.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads