Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Lets hear it

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

The Direction was to keep it simple: http://www.wellspokenfilms.com

Member #
    Alright, it's simple. In my opinion, too simple. There is literally ONE page of content, it has photos, video, and some expository information. These things can be broken down into links or at least pop-ups, to reduce the file size and the scroll bar. Plus the photos come directly from the film, so why have both? I'd much rather a biography of the filmmaker and musician. Also, since this site is going to be a collective of short films, why not get it ready now? From the home page there can be a "now showing" and "archives." The graphic in the beginning in NO way relates to the film currently showing. Furthermore, there is nothing that really connects the content page to the homepage graphically. I also feel like I want an "about" page for Well Spoken Films.

Maybe I'm asking too much. I just thought I'd give you my opinion and you can do with it what you want.

PS I'm feeling the Courier font, totally appropriate.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    That's great .... exactly what I needed to hear

Member #
    I agree with DCScene, there isn't enough content for someone to want to stay on the page. What do you want people to do when they get here? Do you want them to watch the trailer, get involved, learn more about well spoken films. Are you promoting the trailer? the filmmaker, the music?

I don't really care for all the images collaged together like that at the bottom.

Also, if you are going to use an entire image as your text layout, do more with it, get creative. Otherwise you might as well make a table and have the text searchable via spiders. As it is now it's not either.

The video clip is interesting, though somewhat disconnected.

Remove Ads