Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Does anyone have certain suggestions for my site ( www.riskate.tk )

Anything would help, I am just trying to get a good layout before I do anything more. Thanks.

Member #
    First of all, splash pages functionally useless, it's just another hurdle for visitors to jump through to get to your site. You have a nice image on the splash page, so it's up to you.

Second, I clicked my back button to get a second look at the splash page, and when I tried to re-enter, you exceeded your allocated data transfer. If you have any hosting included from your ISP, i'd recommend using that instead of GeoCities.

When access to your site is restored, I'll comment on the rest of the site.

Member #
    Ok, got back to your site today...a few suggestions:

1. It's pretty boxy. There are so many boxes though, and there isn't one that's dominating, so I can't tell what box you want me to look at first, or which box contains the most important information.

2. The iframe. This seems like it may be the most important information. so instead of this iframe, make this a regular table, and the biggest box on the site. Your sticker info can either go in this new large box, or somewher else. The current iframe doesn't even span the same width as the box below it. I need to scroll down and right to read the frame's contents.

3. The fonts. Looking around the site, there are a number of different fonts in use. Some are in graphics, but they still are different fonts. Try to consolidate the number of fonts. In the copyright footer at the bottom, usually footers like that use a smaller text. The footer would look nice in the same small verdana you used in the iframe.

These are just a few suggestions, take em or leave 'em.

Member #
    ok

Thanks for the suggestions, its my first site, so I didnt think it would be wonderful, ill work on fixing your comments. Your so picky. hah just kidden. and by the way.. my iframe box.. is exactly the same size as the box below it. But I noticed something, when scrolling down when the page is loading, it shrinks for some reason. But if you just let it load without scrooll9in, it loads to a perfect size.

Member #
    Didn't mean to be picky or hard on you, for your first site, it certainly is good, and those are just my opinions. Don't get discouraged, keep at it. Change what you want from my comments, and ignore anything you disagree with. Keep up the good work...and feel free to post again w/ any improvements!

Member #
    Ok, well I certainly agreed with you with the boxy look, im working on trying to eliminate some of that look, and make the banner fill more of the screen. I switched the copyright trext at the bottom, and Im working on making all of the text size 2 verdana. Thanks for the suggestions, I was only kidding when I called you picky. ; )

By the way, do you have any idea why the iframe changes when scrolling? Is there anyway to "lock" or something like that?

Remove Ads