Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: my first site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

well this is my first try at web design i worked pritty hard to figer it all out and i am still VERY early in the prosses of building it. most of the links dont work but what do you think of the overall theam and design of it. some one on anoth forum said it was pritty bad give me your op. http://constructyourpc.com/

Member #
    me2me... I live the site Except for the LOGO...

Member #
    For a first site this is very impressive.. I would recommend using a different font, but it seems most everything you did is very well done..
    Don't necessarily like the coding of the site but for a first site, again, this is really impressive..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    how could i improove the coding? I used dreamweaver and im not all that skilled with HTML.

thanks for the help guys!

Member #
    It looks very good for a first site. I think using CSS would be a good idea.

Member #
    I dont know any CSS but i think i could learn it in a day or so. what do you think?

Member #
    CSS isn't hard to learn. I like the site too, although it's a little dark for my liking. The logo probably could be better, but all in all, nice work.
    Visit my site at http://cleartech.feartech.net It's a site I made to post my wallpapers, screenshots, and links I find interesting.

Member #
    http://www.lissaexplains.com/css.shtml

This could be very helpful for learning CSS. ^^

Member #
    Not too bad for a first site at all. Like Physt said, a different font would be nice on the site. Perhaps Tahoma or Verdana. Also, depending on how flexible phpBB is, you may want to try changing the layout of the forum (i.e. color schemes, top banner, etc.) to match your website a little better. Doing that will help tie the forum to your website. I know UBB Classic has a control panel where you can change the look of the forum and I would imagine phpBB would have similar functionality. .

Just my 2 cents....

Member #
    thank for the kind words PHPBB is based on theems so i have downloaded this one because i dont know how to make them myself it takes some programing know how

Remove Ads