Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: New blog layout

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey..

Updated http://www.blog.chaosconcepts.net .. Would appreciate some opinions.. Main goal was to fix readability issues with other blog and take elements from chaosconcepts.net in order to achieve 'branding' .. I like it but some people say it's too bright..

Whatta ya think?

Feedback appreciated big time
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.
    www.blog.chaosconcepts.net - My Blog

Member #
    Yeah I feel that the blue background is quite dominating (especially at my computer's resolution of 1280 x 1024). I prefer the navy blue colour you had earlier..

Member #
    I don't think it's too bright. I just think that the font size is too small for text of each post. I never understood why bloggers use small text because wouldn't you want you main text to stand out from the rest a bit?

I like the double nav on the side. That seems like a good way to do it.

Overall, I wish it was my blog layout, lol.

Member #
    Thanks for the comments .. I was thinking the font was small but I find it readable .. do you think it could become unreadable or unbareable to read on certain res's? I have no problem with changing the font.. i just dont want to rush into a change that isn't necessary..
    www.controlalternate.com - Web resources and free templates. www.chaosconcepts.net - Custom web and graphic design.

Member #
    I'm on 1024 X 768 and it looks okay. When I checked at 1280 X 1024 it got a bit hard on the eyes. And I'm guessing when Trico sees the site with his 1600 or whatever res he'll tell you it's too small, lol.

Member #
    Ok.. I raised the font-size on the content area a bit.. Do you think it looks out of wack compared to the rest of the text or is it ok? Seems maybe having it bigger than the rest of the text takes away from the balance.. and I dont want to raise the size of the sidebar font.. squeezed in there as it is..

Member #
    Yeah I feel that the blue background is quite dominating...
    I agree with this, I'd recommend you find a way of contrasting your background with the layout so the content has the more emphasis. desaturating/or lightening the bg colour would be one way.

And I'm guessing when Trico sees the site with his 1600 or whatever res he'll tell you it's too small, lol.
    I can handle it. It's always possible to increase the size via the browser; it would be good to use (em)s for the top/bottom spacing of paragraphs so the distance remains in proportion to the increase in font size. The text gets jumbled up otherwise.

I raised the font-size on the content area a bit.. Do you think it looks out of wack compared to the rest of the text or is it ok? Seems maybe having it bigger than the rest of the text takes away from the balance..
    Balance is just another way of saying 'boring', if everything looks too similar your eyes aren't drawn to anything in particular on the page. Using a set hierarchy, you can (and should) aim to make things stand out in a progressive order of importance: logo/ident before headings, headings before content, content before side-liners etc. You're actually influencing how somebody visually navigates around your layout. So I think you're justified in having a larger body size than the side column.

It's very clean, but also very flat and clinical. How about some imagery, texture, lighting etc?

Member #
    Thanks for the comments.. Some helpful comments and food for thought.. I will adapt that EM line height..

Thanks

Member #
    ouch...my eyes hurt...thats the problem when you use bright colors...the lower half is good.but the top half really hurts my eyes...you might want to change the color of some text...you dont want to use a color that is the same as your main background. use some thing darker but blends well with everyting else.
    WebDevil Surfs the Web
    :alien: Web Designs Provider :alien:
    "You haven't failed until you give up."

Remove Ads