Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Okay, shout....Scream and let me know what more needs changing

We have to make big revisions since our SEO efforts where proving unsuccessful

OLD: http://mbsautoparts.com/

Work in Progress: http://mbsautoparts.com/index_maybe3.htm

Member #
    I like both designs, the work in progress looks a little more professional than the old version. You made it all one font in the newer one but by only complaint about the new one is you ned to make an actual logo as opposed to the text up to "Discount Auto Parts"
    Adept Web Solutions
    www.adept-web.com

Member #
    One suggestion, make the width of the main content (including margin and padding of the main content) 800 pixels. Right now it's just a little over that and anyone who would be viewing the website at 800x600 resolution will need to scroll to the right to read all the links and text on the bottom of the page.

Member #
    I prefer the 2nd layout (mostly because it loaded quicker and its a fair bit cleaner). You see how you have the site index at the bottom. Any chance you could get rid of that, make it a seperate page that appears in a pop up when you click on a "site map" link. If its for search engine purposes, any way you could hide it?

Member #
    It's for SE purposes but I don't want to hide it and then have the SE punish me for hidden content!!!

Member #
    First one is much better by a loooong way. I'd expect a site to look like that with style sheets turned off? (I even viewed it in IE to see if it was my browser playing up.)

The 'shop by categories' does seem to make it quicker and easier to find things compared to the previous version, a nice improvement there.

the work in progress looks a little more professional than the old version.
    I totally disagree, the font issue in the old version is so trivial compared to the numerous draw-backs within the latest one.

I realise it's only a work in progress but it looks like you're going backwards. It's aesthetically challenged, incoherent and neglects the most basic of design principles. Personally I wouldn't enjoy browsing the site in question. You're building the site for people to see and use. Perhaps you might want to re-think your priorities.

There's is too much wasted space within the top portion of the page making it appear lose, shoddy and rushed. The last third of the page has too little white space making it dense and hard to read. Whole paragraphs of text in bold isn't a good idea... it looks bad and reads poorly.

People are going to judge how credible you are by how well your site looks.

Try using fir (or whatever's trendy these days) for your 'Discount Auto Parts' header, crawlers will still be able to see the important words.

Banned
    Member #
    crit-a-crit crit

<TGIF>
    -brought to you by echoSWE
    1- does the top nav have to be flash i would use that version but just use .html
    2- index_maybe3 is visually lagging compared to the other.
    3- create a .css for your text( the blue links) yuk!
    4 - the nav up top. i would just make the image and the text the button. why not?
    5 - thank echoswe for this crit
    </TGIF>

Member #
    Okay

Made a few of the suggested changes and added iFrame http://www.MBSAutoParts.com/index_maybe4.htm

Member #
    I personaly think the first version is much, MUCH better. The new version has nothing that really would catch my eye while on the old one you've got that beautiful Aston Martin sitting there. Who couldnt resist?

The one complaint I do have with both is the lack of colour...and the use of flash in the old one but your not working on that one now..so yea...

Remove Ads