Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Comments Please

Banned
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Let me have it! Crit this website I did for:
    http://chasesafetysystems.com

Member #
    The first thing i noticed is that the main "block" is narrower than the blocks above and below it. also, by separating all the parts of the site into blocks it's kind of overkill on the drop shadow.
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Banned
    Member #
    thanks

I'll try making maybe one large window and seperating the sections with a dotted rule. thanks for the input E. overKILL out!

Banned
    Member #
    diagonal lines

Yo E!
    I'm gonna try using the diagonal lines like the bold ones below image to seperate the sections. thanks again! Your photography is the bomb!

Member #
    thats a good idea. i would lighten them up a little bit though. make them paler so they dont dominate the page.

thanks for the compliment!
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Banned
    Member #
    Please Hurry!!!

I need more feedback. I have to take it down at 5:00pm.

Thanks
    Brian

Banned
    Member #
    word E!

word up E! paler

Member #
    Negative:

I don't like the bold text, it's too much.
    The diagonal lines under the image are too big and too eye catching. Try something like #ddd or something.

That photo is nice, but it's too big... No real content to talk about.

The drop shadow is over kill.

The menu is kinda boring, seems like you ran out of inspiration when u did it in Photoshop (it seems like PS at least).

How about doing the rest of the layout in the same colour as the photography to make the site a bit more interresting to look at?

The footer is proportionally too big.

The logo is closer to the lower edge of the box than to the higher edge.

Try make the layout less boxy.

Move the "click to begin shopping"-button down a bit.

...and to the right.

Use a newer HTML standard. You currently use HTML 4, with capital letters in all tags, as well as a table for layout. The capital letters are ok, but the table-layout sucks kinda. Use CSS.

U gotta make a menu. Not just an image. And when youdo, use this technique to have the text of the items intact: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/sprites/

Remove the | you have between the footer links (or the footers') since it looks so unprofessional (did I spell that right, now?) since almost all newbies have that in their menues. Use lists instead, and style the footer - it looks really ugly with just white imho.

You have too many items in the nav, remove a couple and make subgroups.

Stop telling the user to start shopping - the user is NOT STUPID! Use a descrete button and simply make it easy through a descrete button at the inventory/products page. I don't think that kind of user-pull works in the long run.

As I said, sub groups, also in the footer.

Don't say sorry for having the site under development. If the user doesn't like it you've just lost yourself a potential client, and it doesn't matter how much you say sorry...

Have you already got FAQs?

Fuse the two footers and put the contact information in the second one.

Positive:

It's an original layout.

The image is nice.

I really like the text in the image, more of that in the rest of the layout. At least I think you should have that.

The font is nice, but a little overused.

The layout is not ugly.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    echoSwe and Borografis:
    ENOUGH. Keep the COMMENTS to constructive criticism of the site. Like the saying goes: If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Why does the site have to be taken down at 5 PM?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    All my critism is constructive and I'm prepared to answer any questions about how my reasoning goes. I got attacked for no reason.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads