Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi
    It's my first tryout site still under construction, but your openions and suggestions are important for me, I have designed a new look for it.

my site is:
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/honeyland/index.php

thanks.

Member #
    cannot see the page.

Member #
    All I got was *under construction*. And I would find someone besides Lycos to host with anyway. They are terrible for ads. Liz

Member #
    So what's 'Honey Land' anyway? Perhaps you can tell us more about what it is, or what it's going to be. There's not really much to go on other than the interface, but it's a start. It's good practice to keep your navigation either along the left or running across the top of the page.

...and hello to the new members.

Member #
    hottness

hi sylas. nice liquid effect. i see a black outline around your table in safari. i like the email button down the bottom. its HOT! It makes me wanna drop it it is so hot. I like how you have the smaller text below the larger text in the same color. Is it the same blue or a different blue.

Good Job!
    Let me know when it is fin'
    GE'
    I am the original Ghetto Elvis™

Member #
    This is why I suggest someone besides Lycos:

As you can see, their ad covers HALF YOUR logo!!! Liz

Member #
    didnt notice that

i didnt noitice that banner up top. i have safari and adbanner blocker from my firewall. I would definately try to get rid of the banner. i think their is a thread in here for free web servers.

over-all it is hot
    GE
    I am the original Ghetto Elvis™

Member #
    thank you all for openions,
    what I whant to tell you that it's my first web site design and I'm preparing the other materials of the site so I will post it soon.
    I just whant your openions of the design and navigation in it, so the best place to do so is in free host, yes there is a disturbing ads, but that what I found, if there a beter free host sites please tell me.

thanks again.

Member #
    That's why I went to geocities. The ads were there but not on top of your own. I don't have any of mine still over there or I would show you cause I now have my own domain but I prefered geocities over lycos. Just go to http://geocities.yahoo.com/home/

I went looking for an example since I no longer have one myself and found one that is a decent example of what you would see: HTML for Beginners Liz

Member #
    I think, that graphic layout is really fine for your first web design. I was actually wondering, why do you use lycos free site with all those annoying advertisements?

There is a lot opportunities for free webspace and short domains in format yourname.somefreehostingcompany.com

You may have world best web design, but if the page is flooded by popups and advertisements spinning violently around, the general impression is still kind of cheap.

Wish you good luck with this design

Remove Ads