Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: zero-FIVE

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Check it out folks, new webdesign site...
    http://www.zero-five.net

Member #
    It looks great man. I'd opt for a bigger text size, maybe just 1-2 px bigger and a centered flash movie. both vertically and horizontally.

Now, this wasn't what I was thinking the most about: but how exactly is it possible for a person to recieve some "damage" just by viewing your site?

Member #
    nice

Looks nice. Maybe try the paper wheat pasted on the pole. did you ever wheat paste before? Could the designers email addresses be attached to their names? enlargements would be nice for your portfolio work. maybe some links to the sites. Could be nice if you click on a link the paper crumbles or gets slapped up on a wall and looks like a poster. then re opens with th new info. on eof th eguys you work with could be in it they slap up th ework on a wall like whaah!

lookin koo. you hirin'?

the GE'
    I am the original Ghetto Elvis™

Member #
    Hi there!

I understand this is a flash site, but I'm on a 2.2 Mb Broadband connection in the UK, and the site took over a minute to load for me.

Agreeing with echoSwe, I feel that you should increase the font size a little bit, as I am finding it a little hard to read.

I would like it if perhaps the 'inside zerofive' window opened up once the page had loaded, as the page looks pretty blank before you select a link, as well as the navigation possibly not being obvious to some users?

Your portfolio is not, to me, very exciting. I see you have very very small thumbnails of some of your projects, but no links to further information. If I was looking at your website I would like to be able to see more information about what the company produces before contacting you? Give the information to the people, it may help get you more clients.

I'd also like to see a little more allowing the user to distinguish between what are links and what aren't?

Hope this helps!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I really would have preferred to view your site without the flash. Flash takes up bandwidth and can slow down a connect. And for some who still have regular connections and not broadband or who, like a friend of mine in South Africa, only connects on weekends and pays a priemium to do so at 56K, it can be a REAL strangle to the budget and they will learn to not go back and visit your site.

And PLEASE give people the option to turn OFF any music as they enter a site. You do not know what THEY have going on in their homes when they wander onto your site. And they may honestly prefer what is playing on their computer rather than what you chose for them. Or they may have someone asleep in the next room. It's a courtesy to let the visitor have that option instead of you making up their mind for them. Pet peeve and soap box issue with me and lots of my friends.

The background graphic that I caught before I backed out was very fuzzy and non-descriptive. It just didn't say anything to me. Liz

Member #
    An interesting look.

I don't see how you've taken advantage of what Flash gives you beyond HTML. If a page can be done in HTML with little or no difference, it should be done in HTML. I agree about the page background, uninspiring. I also agree about the portfolio gallery, 50x50 pixel images doesn't cut it. You have 20 lines of code, please make sure it validates.

I don't get the police-style radio chatter in the background, will I hear "Bad Boys, Bad Boys, watcha gonna do?" soon? What does the name zero five mean? Given the police radio tie in, maybe 0-5 is the minimum term served for first time robbery or something? I'm just kidding!

Peter

Remove Ads