Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How is Mine?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys...I was wondering if you would possibly check out my new web page...I am using Freewebs...I do not have enough money to pay for a "good" page...i am a "seminewbie" with HTML and TEXT/CSS but i have created a site to help people that are just complete newbs...check it out and tell me what you think...the site looks best in Mozilla.

Through Freewebs with Scrolling Titlebar
    or
    Through dot.tk

with out my super-impressive scrolling titlebar...yeah right haha

This is my other site basically the same idea a want some opinions...please...

Crosswordsolutions With TITLE bar
    Without TITLE bar

all of my sites use solely tables no page-based nav bars or anything...i like it that way...plus i am still a bit rusty on html and java...these sites are some of the best i have created with html so far

I learned how to disable right click...try it on crosswordsolutions...i am so proud of myself

Member #
    you might want to reconsider the colours on that first one, and I don't see the point of disabling right click. Disabling right click won't deter anyone from copying your stuff, but from what I see there's not much unique graphics that might be worth protecting (no offence :])

Member #
    no haha none taken...i am being payed for that web site and i have not recieved any content to add to the site. When i get that content, it will consist of copyrighted crossword puzzles which were requested to be protected

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    How will the crosswords be displayed on the site?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Most likely, i will post them in their own table. or frame. I just felt the need to disable right click because they are iomportant to him

Member #
    keep in mind i just learned HTML 2 weeks ago

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    HTML code is not secure AT ALL. His crosswords won't be secure in any way. You can still get the source code even though right click is disabled. Doing the crosswords in Flash or Macromedia may be secure, dunno though.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    in the end protecting anything online is pretty much impossible. If the browser can read it, the user can read it.

Member #
    Hmm... Wouldn't an applet connecting to a datascource that checks both the referrer and the calling ip address to check that it comes from the web server be a good enough security?
    Add a login page to that using SSL and you got a page that uses a secure connection and is harder than most to copy.

Simply doing the crosswords in flash as wires suggests would also be a huge leap forward if you want to protect the source.

Other than that Jack000 is right...

Member #
    How?

How can i use flash?...do i have to buy software to design flash? if i do how do i do so and can i make the crossword interactive?...please help me i would love to learn how to make the crosswords using flash. can anyone help me find something free and easy?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads