Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi guys I am doing some charity/comp work and put this site together http://www.we-are-here.org

any advice would be nice

Member #
    You should probably have a button to turn off the sound of the splash page. The Home link doesn't work from the Donate page. I'd also keep the nav links in the same case (probably all lower) and use bold or italics to emphasize different pages if that is the effect you want.

Member #
    You should probably have a button to turn off the sound of the splash page
    Agreed, it scared me away; or I just prefer my music to theirs.

Member #
    Okay, changed the rollover and will lower the music on the index page....

What I would really like to do is to create text that look like the US flag for the LOGO can anyone HELP

Member #
    Remove the enter-page, and introduce your organisation immediately.

Mission statement and About us can be implemented.

The Home button does not work under Sponsors (although Im sure you are aware of that already)

Member #
    - Turning the music to a lower level is not the same as having an off button. IMO any site that has music (unless it's for a band) should not automatically have music, but there can be an option.

- Have you looked at your site in Safari? Who knows why the screenshot is NOT working today, but the home page it simply atrocious! There is a huge block on the right that literally goes over the content.

- The tone of site is very agressive. Go for something more passionate and compassionate: not "I'm tired of it." Instead, "I will not let this bother me."

- Text that looks the US flag... Kitch much? But if you insist, use a flag as a background image for whatever font you choose. Select the text and cut out the rest.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    One of my pet peeves: "UNDER CONSTRUCTION". Loose it! Nothing says my site is not ready and I published it in a hurry like, UNDER CONSTRUCTION. You do not need to explain the site is under construction, we get it when there is nothing on the page. Your Contact page does just this. Instead give the legitimate reasons to contact you: design, advertise, donations, etc... without the explanation to the site's appearance. Use blank content, or disable the links.

Also remove the enter page, give the user the option to listen to the music on the main page. You don't need to put surfers in the patriotic mood, they were probably surfing for the like.

Also maybe fade the flag in the header into the red block on the right.

Lastly proof read...

Member #
    scary

i agree with trio. i was scared and left. is that bauhaus for your web address. ouch! change that. [REMOVED]
    what program did you design this website in?
    im not sure about the colors. how expected.
    do you really need a blog. come on. and the colors dont match your site and it saids phpbb instread of we are here.org.
    [REMOVED]
    check the last sentence of donate page. whuh?

i dont think your organization is sponsor wise. it seems to shady. this seems like a person website with no clear objective. to much welcoming, pledging oaths and missions and no real definitative solution to the problem you are addressing. you need someone who has done volunteer work before, red cross workers other people who know how to get this done who have resources and can get sponsors.

i would first try to find these people who can really help you solidify this idea which is all this website seems like is an idea.

let me know if you need ant resources for starting this venture.
    good luck you have your hands full.
    is this for profit or not for profit? do you have alll the paper work to show you are not for profit.

GE'
    I am the original Ghetto Elvis™

Member #
    funny

did you design the site or did barcelona?

GE'
    I am the original Ghetto Elvis™

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    A friendly reminder:

WDF does not allow political discussion. Feel free to critique the posted site based on its web design merits and not the content. It is not permitted to ask another members his/her political stance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads