Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: IA & Usability

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Im working on a few proposals for improving this website, however Im looking for some external and critical views that could complement my own study.

The site is considered quite resourceful within its field, and what Im looking for is feedback regarding usability and the architecture of the information provided.

Suggestions for image use is also welcomed.

Go to http://www.intsok.no/

Thanks for all input!

Sturli

Member #
    To be completely honest, I think the information architecture is okay. At least, it looks organized to me, everything is a few clicks away, and I am personally not well versed in the subject matter enough to offer a solid plan of rearring it. I would, however, add bullets to the "See also" section.

From a usability stand point, there is really nothing wrong per se, but I feel the layout itself could be stronger, especially the home page. While the images there are very nice and relevant, there is practically no content there at all.

The first thing that strikes me is that the blues are different. This is true of all the pages.

The services page is good in that it offers navigation in two places. But, you're wasting space by having the "See also" column since there is no content within it. Also, this page jumps when you click into or away from it.

I am not sure about the circles in the partners page (on the graph): why are they there?

And the coding on that map... woah, that's intense, and I don't think I'll EVER be that good. I'm very impressed.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads