Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

My web design company recently launched our new site. We have changed some things, so we would like you to review the site and inform us of any problems.

The wesbite is:

inspiri.it.tc
    inspiri.yi.org

Thanks

Member #
    Your fonts and header are way too large. But it's a good start, it just reminds me too much of alot of sites that are around at the moment.

Also, I wouldn't advise using times new roman for a website. Try something like Trebushet MS, Verdana or Arial.

Member #
    hola

hi asha. i think the body copy is to large try 12 px. I don't think your portfolio page works. watch your spelling. index page >maintence<. what is rss? what is the smart rewards page? is there a difference between the contact us page and the quote page. the form looks the same. i would spell check all of your copy in the services page.

on the services page the words on the left...
    The Services
    Mantainence
    Consulting
    Hosting
    IT sourcing
    Web Design

will this be a navigation also or is this a list. im on a hi rez monitor and i still have to scrol to read the text. i think once you fix that your site will look much more organized.

take care
    GE'
    I am the original Ghetto Elvis™

Member #
    Yes I agree, I personally despise Times New Roman. I love Verdana.

The background is a bit off putting. And also, the index page at least, it's title is index. Maybe change it to the name of your company, the title tag is used by searche engines.

And I am not sure if your site is "live" yet but on the index page you typed randge, I think you mean range

Overall its quite good, change the font, maybe add some emphasis on the links at the top, I forget they are there.

Member #
    hi

No the site is not live yet, we are currently directing clients to our old website. We are aware of the typing errors. We would also like to thank you for your reviews and we will fix some of these problems today.

Thanks

p.s.There are even more typing errors on the services page.

Member #
    That flash banner on the services page is scary, i thought firefox was crashing when I first hit that page. Use multimedia elements to enhance the user experience, not show that you're still getting a handle on the technology.

I agree with the other posters about using verdana or some other sans-serif font. Perhaps drop the size a notch as well, and keep the fonts consistent on all pages by using a CSS.

On the quote screen, why is there a big picture of trees?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Using Firefox your "Contact Us" link appears to have overflowed and is a line below the rest... similarly on the Quote page the text is all over the place... this is mainly because you're putting fairly large amounts of text into tight spaces... in this scenario I would recommend considering pixel based text sizing (in CSS) as this tends to be less prone to change across browsers. The "Services" page also has issues with text overflow.

In terms of design the main thing I would add to the comments others have made (eg. font face and size) is consistency. When I go to different pages of your site it's almost as if I've left and gone elsewhere... you could do with deciding your typeface, your colour scheme etc. and then sticking to it across the board. You are offering design services so your site needs to be absolutely perfect, because folks are going to look at your site in the first instance to see if you're up to the job. On the "Services" page I also think that the colours in the left hand panel could do with some work... the red and white text don't have the contrast against the background that they need... I really like the green on black from the front page, and it also works well with the dark blue on the "About us" page. I'd make one of your site standards that you use that green on dark backgrounds...

In terms of code you are using a mixture of font tags and CSS... I'd stick with purely CSS if I were you, preferably in its own file shared across the site. I think this may partly be due to the fact that you're using a WYSIWYG to edit the site - I'd ditch the "Virtual Mechanics Webdwarf" software (whatever that is) and code it by hand. You also have defined just one specific font in places (something called "Arial Narrow")... that font doesn't exist on my machine, hence I get Times New Roman... might explain some of the problems above. You need to specify alternatives... if you're using Arial then you want to also specify Helvetica (for Macs) and generic sans-serif (as a catch all).

And finally I'd lose the framed forward... though this might just be because you're currently in development. You want folks to be able to bookmark individual pages of your site for future reference... they won't be able to with a framed forward.

Sean

Member #
    long live the mullet

just when you thought the mullet was gone gone forever it pops up in hte least expecting places.

heeh. hay it cant be computer talk all the time.
    I am the original Ghetto Elvis™

Remove Ads