Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Well it's been a dream of mine for a while to run a little t-shirt website offering some of my designs and the ability to create custom designs. I know there are already a lot of T-shirt websites and such, many of which lack anything resembling a quality web design. I'm not saying I'm the best, I'm just saying that some T-shirt websites are not well designed. But regardless of the seemingly unsurmountable odds presented by the competition, I will continue in this venture, because to me, T-shrit making is fun and I would like to make a couple bucks every now and then. Nothing to put me through college or anything.
    So I began to design a concept today. Here is the picture.
    http://www.buddybuddha.net/yabb2/yab...WebDesign1.jpg
    I designed the concept in Adobe Illustrator. My plan is to implement the design via a combination of Flash and PHP or Perl. I have yet to decide on which language to use. I hear that PHP is more powerful, but I lack experience with it and I am proficient in Perl. However, feasability is not the issue of this post.
    The issue of the post is shear asthetics. I want honest opinions. I've seen that some people on boards like this can be pretty harsh, but that's what I'm looking for. If you like it, go ahead and tell me, but I want you to put aside all your tact and just tear this design apart.
    The picture of the me wearing the shirt is just an example that I took of myself in the backyard to show that a picture will be there. However, the pictures will be of better lighting and better quality and such in the final implementation. Do not reference to the picture itself, because I know it's bad. I did it by myself with a self timer.
    My idea for the gender lables is that upon mousover, various articles of Clothing will appear for that gender. Such that you mouseover "Dudes," and shirts, hats, hoodies, etc projects from it with a green BG. It would be cool I think.
    Some questions you might want to address:
    Do the colors work together?
    Should I ditch the grey BG and go with white or use another light shade of blue?
    Do the green and pink for the gender lables fit?
    Does the green on the Dudes label look too glazy?
    Is using the words "Dudes" and "Chicks" too childish?
    Is the font on top too 'cartoony'?
    Does the Solid & Foxxy Image look out of place or just generally bad?
    What do you think of the quick Free Shipping Ad? Obviously, that section would change with various sales and promotions, but what do you think of its current design and placement?
    What are your thoughts on the links at the bottom?
    Is the Shopping Cart section on the write difficult to read or understand?
    Is it obvious that 'View/Checkout' would be clickable?

Thanks for your reviewing.

Member #
    Well, I don't want to tear it down because I think it's great. I think the blue works from with the grayish bg you have. If you changed it to blue the whole site would look too washed out.
    I think the fonts work. They're fun.
    I don't see a problem with the dudes and chicks thing. Seems like something Old Navy would do... I guess it all depends on the intended audience.
    The shopping cart thing was tough the read.

Overall I think it's good work.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Looks good, colours look nice.

Not sure about the shopping cart on the side, I like the fact it's visable, but I found my self tilting my head to read it whihc kinda through off abit.

Maybe kep the 'tab' idea, but put it at the bottom to save having to tilt your head??

Remove Ads