Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey folks,

Just got round to 99% completing my site.
    www.gdaustralia.com.au is its name.

Site is relatively basic but then is the target market. Catering to the small business sector in Sydney, or at least trying to break into it.

C & C welcome

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like that... crisp, clean and to the point.

Great.

You might wish to replace the e-mail link on the contacts page with a webform... this will make it less likely that your business e-mail ends up getting harvested by spammers... either that or turn the e-mail address into a gif... you don't want it in text form...

Sean

Member #
    I agree with Mr. Sean Miller - crisp, clean and to the point.

note that the link to the Madhatters Customs doesnt work.

Just one thing, and this is more of a general point of view rather than to your site specifically; why not skip the entry page and let people go straight to the home page?

No nonsense, even more straight to the point!

Member #
    I love it...except the navigation is a little fuzzy to me. *the words are in a fuzzy font*

check out my sites:

BNSAL: www.bnsal.com
    WIZDUDE: www.wizdude.com

Member #
    None of the following is intended to discourage you in any way, I'm just being realistic, and I am in a blunt mood.

crisp, clean and to the point.
    Wrong and wrong, I disagree with both. Please don't just add a generic comment for the sake of it, it doesn't help anybody.

Your site is far from being to the point. There is a lack of information in the content; much of it simply comes across bland marketing dribble.

They will want to know the skills or talent you posses which make it worth investing in your service, not what software programs you use.

The whole crisp/clean aspect comes almost purely from having black system controlled text on a white background, this could almost have been by accident, when it comes to graphics this otherwise plus point is totally lost.

I feel you are mal-treating all of the text within images to some extent, through poor legibility confounded by strokes. If you plan to outline everything you will have to manually adjust the letter spacing so the letters don't actually run into each other. It's also not a great idea to use display fonts originally intended to be displayed at 72pt+ at 12pt for the sake of something different. (It looks bad.)

Search engine crawlers need to be able to read the content of your site if people are ever going to find you through searching via Google for example, this means headings/sub-headings, they can't do this if the meaning or information is trapped inside an image.

What's the point of having your own advertisement Flash banner on your main page? They are already there and mildly curious okay, you should try playing on their interest and give them a reason why you are different. The banner is just a waste of page space and bandwidth. The fonts don't even appear consistent with your image.

It's mildly annoying you chose to alternate the location of page headings (within the graphical banners). It is best to keep things like this consistent, it makes your site easier to use.

Good start, keep working on it.

USEFUL ARTICLES
    Legibility
    Fir (headings)
    Copywriting

Member #
    Ghasp

Trico, i disagree...I think the flash banner is good for explaining, and relating to the customers. Unlike you, most people don't really know much about web design, and giving a short intro without using *hate to say it* "nerd words" is actually helpful. I think the animation is pretty effective.

I dont like the outline of the words though. I used to do that, but it makes it a pain. Try just doing that w/ white text and black stroke...everything else looks really bad that way.

Personally, I'd change the font to verdana 10px or 12px...it generally looks nice. Also, try to add something that makes you stand out, or your site more interesting. Theres this "RichMedia" or something design firm, and their website has artistic quotes as the footers of the page...lemme get you a link...http://www.rich-media.co.uk/index.html

I think thats a nice, clean design. Try to be aware of your target audience. Cool, exciting things are really nice, but if you want some CEO of a small business to come forth and give you work, then you might want to make yourself look like an artist, not a "contractor". Just try to spruce things up, and follow some guidelines on what makes an effective site. (eg. navigation, graphics, content, information, purpose). Keep it coming, and I'm sure you'll have a great site.

check out my sites:

BNSAL: www.bnsal.com
    WIZDUDE: www.wizdude.com

Member #
    Just thought I'd drop in my two cents about the design. I like the bright colors and overall navigation. One thing that I would note is the blurry graphics. It seems as though you've resized the logo JPG in the flash introduction.

It's an inviting site. One note regarding the Aboutus section. The banner is very bland and could use some color. I'm not really sure what the image is and how it directly relates to the offered services. The colors are a little washed ou in my opinion. Just by changing a few of the images to higher quality photos, I think you can achieve a significant difference in the look and feel of your site.

Member #
    Thanks for the comments folks.
    It must be the screen or something because for the majority of what i see the graphics don't look bad at all (NOTE: 2 x brand new NEC 17inch LCD) but then again its all about your market hey.

As for the site specifics, will read a bit more into them certainly to see what makes it better.

Thanks again...

Remove Ads