Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

joz
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hello everyone
    this is my very first post.
    I would apreciate opinions, critics and hints for a site I'm about to finish one of these days

thanks in advance for your attention
    joz

http://www.ama-models.be
    <>

Member #
    I think it's quite nice. My only complaint, if that's what you would call it, is that is needs some more colour. There are very few colours in use at the moment. A bit more wouldn't do any harm.

I'm not 100% sure on the menu switiching from bottom to top after the first page. Although it's not a biggy, I read somewhere "usability folks" don't think the menu should change position. Look at it from the point of view of the user. Myself, I don't see any big deal on your site as it's fairly small and the pages are quite small and compact.

joz
    Member #
    thanks for your opinion. the menu displacement is not good, i agree. i should change that one of these days. as i am just starting to learn html&co some more exercise does me no harm. I'm not going to change the colors at the moment, maybe another time. I'm quite unsatisfied with the differences of color quality I have comparing flatscreens and old screens. The same for photo qualities. I'd like to get better in that...
    <>

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree it looks nice.

But I also agree the menu shouldn't jump. Also the menu isn't very consistant. The items in the menu chsnge depending on the page your on.

I can see what your thinking: "that you don't need a link to the page your on". Which is very true, but it helps make things clear if you still keep all items visable and in the same order on every page.

It dosn't do any harm to have the menu item of the current page 'faded out' or a differnt colour so the user can easily indentify the page there on.

joz
    Member #
    I guess you are right about the menu item. I thought it would be more elegant that way... but finding your way easyly through a web site is maybe more essential
    <>

Member #
    crit-a-crit crit

joz,

why is the main navigation on the architectural models page down the bottom? on the other pages it is up top. i would keep it in the same place.

other than that looks good.
    I am the original Ghetto Elvis™

Member #
    Other than comments already submitted, I would suggest you re-tool the text on the 'start' page. Most of the lines of text do not include ending punctuation, which is fine if that's the look you are going for, but one line does. Also you should not begin a sentence with a number, you should spell it out. "20 years of experience..." should read "Twenty years of experience..." Also maybe add the word "including" to the end of the opening sentence before the colon. Since the lines below the opening sentence are a list of services. Otherwise great job.

Remove Ads