Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: CodeBlue

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,
    I posted this as a "screwing around" post a while ago, but I was looking at it again recently and was thinking of doing something with it.

What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -GeZe

Member #
    Hard to understand the little navigation-type deal you have going on at the bottom... the light, 1px borders and the tabs' placement aren't helping.
    I am Alan Hogan (@alanhogan on Twitter). I like PHP, UI/UX design, and OS X.

Member #
    I remember that one well because I was inspired to make a Flash site in the same fashion. It didn't make it to the web, but it was fun to make.

Anyhow, I think you have something good going with it. Contrary to what straight_up said, I don't think it's difficult to understand the navigation. So long as the page doesn't expand much vertically that seems like a fine place for it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Bones
    ... Contrary to what straight_up said, I don't think it's difficult to understand the navigation. So long as the page doesn't expand much vertically that seems like a fine place for it.
    It can be done, I suppose, the about/work/contact tabs would need visual strengthening IMHO. As-is, they don't pass my "granny test". "What? A 'granny test'?" That's what I call it when I simply squint my eyes all up and see what I can still read, see, and understand. Results: Grandma couldn't tell that the current section is Work and she's supposed to click the other two words.

As for the 123456 pages/examples(?) mininav? I think it's fine, as long as (again) the current item is made to stand out more than with the granny-confusing grey background and microscopic light-grey borders.

Just my 2 cents.
    I am Alan Hogan (@alanhogan on Twitter). I like PHP, UI/UX design, and OS X.

Member #
    thanks for the feedback, I will see how increased contrast looks
    -GeZe

Remove Ads