Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

My site www.triangularwebdesign.co.uk (second version) is an online portfolio of the work i've done and stuff i'm still doing. From a coding point of view its awful :dead: , i know and i'm learning CSS at the moment to help tidy it up.

Because i did it in dreamweaver does anyone have any advice on how to "clean up" the code, any good sites for avoiding the mess dreamweaver creates. I'm thinking of redesiging it so thats why i'd like some help.

Apart from that, i'd just like to hear your thoughts on my work and any feedback, good or bad. Thanks.

Member #
    It looks pretty good. Its sleek and all the colors mend nicely. The banner is pretty shnazzy as well. The swf on the left can be a little ditracting. Might want to convert the table to pixels rather than % or just put the table in a div because with the resolution i have, 1920x1200, the table boarder stretches way beyond it is suppose to. Other then that, good job.

Member #
    I quickly counted 11 tables total. The page will not render until all the content of those tables is loaded. Use div and css it will be more easily controlled and appear to load faster. Maybe loose the yellow page background for white of slightly off white? The flash is annoying, it's like your advertising your site on your site, let it run once and stop.

Member #
    "but what we do is design websites following research from Universities and Technology Agencies."

This is confusing, what does it mean? Are you twisting 'we follow w3c'(does it?) into something that sounds better? Also, your site isn't technicly superior to other design services.

for the design, I would suggest making the top banner shorter (to about 70 pixels), removing the yellow gradient and making it all that nice red color, and putting the links on the second red bar on the top, and putting screenshots of your work on the left where the links are right now. I'd also get rid of the yellow background, and I would replace it with a pale red color (but not pink).

But I'd have to say that your portfolio is alot better than the website you're showing us. Whatever you end up doing will probably be fine.
    Jason

Remove Ads