Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Updated Design

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I really want your opinions and suggestions. Thanks

I'm working on the layout of my web site. I've decided to restructure it and make the site much more accessible. My new design is meant to emote the feeling of the cinema.

So far, I just have a color scheme and a basic idea of my final layout. I would like to hear all suggestions from you all since I value everyone's opinions here with high respect. Here's the current layout.

http://www.zioncreation.com/images/2d/cinerama_03.gif
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    I think the layout is ok, but the colour isn't really hitting me right - maybe Sepia would look pretty cool?

Also, is the background going to be elastic??

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Where should I use sepia?

The layout is completely elastic.

Member #
    I like all of it...but change the header font to something like I dont know...other than that :P. Maybe "Impact" would look nice...also, kill the gradient on the header.

check out my sites:

BNSAL: www.bnsal.com
    WIZDUDE: www.wizdude.com

Member #
    Maybe on the header and footer Zion, I dunno if it would look a little too brown (if you get what I mean) but I think it could look quite cool if you added a 'grain' effect on it too?

And I like the header font

Member #
    I think the font looks okay, though you might find something more suitable if you keep looking. I think diving straight for impact without considering other choices would be a bad idea, try using something other than the ones that come packaged with Photoshop. Check out the spines of DVD cases for some inspiration.

It's good to give letters such as 'i' a little more room to breathe because they easily begin to blend in and become indistinguishable.

No issues with the gradient, it would be a rather flat boring layout without it. Replacing it with a photo would allow you to introduce something more interesting.

I'm not totally sure what you mean by elastic, but if you got rid of the curved corners and applied the faux columns effect horizontally you could render the header, grey background and footer as a repeated slice. It would create a nice wide screen effect whilst cutting file size down at the same time. If so, you may want to centre the layout vertically or give it a spacious top margin.

The 'other sites' box at the bottom provides an all too clear means of exiting the site. I bet if you viewed your web stats people would be leaving at the first page. My eyes start with the 'zion' header, quickly followed by the thumbnail and then hit the bottom of the page before I've even read any content or glanced at your menu. Consider moving it to a less prominent position, push it to one side or tone down the emphasis.

Reducing the height of the red footer would correct the page hierarchy and reduce eye strain.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm not totally sure what you mean by elastic, but if you got rid of the curved corners and applied the faux columns effect horizontally you could render the header, grey background and footer as a repeated slice. It would create a nice wide screen effect whilst cutting file size down at the same time. If so, you may want to centre the layout vertically or give it a spacious top margin.
    That's what's planned. This is an unfinished layout.

The 'other sites' box at the bottom provides an all too clear means of exiting the site. I bet if you viewed your web stats people would be leaving at the first page. My eyes start with the 'zion' header, quickly followed by the thumbnail and then hit the bottom of the page before I've even read any content or glanced at your menu. Consider moving it to a less prominent position, push it to one side or tone down the emphasis.
    Sounds good! I'll think about that for a bit.

I think the font looks okay, though you might find something more suitable if you keep looking. I think diving straight for impact without considering other choices would be a bad idea, try using something other than the ones that come packaged with Photoshop. Check out the spines of DVD cases for some inspiration.
    I agree. Impact is not going to be this site's forte. Furthermore, the fonts Real Virtue (header font) and Agency FB (content title font) are not packaged in photoshop. I'll look at my DVD collection, but I would like a font for the header that look like one used for a movie theater logo.

It's good to give letters such as 'i' a little more room to breathe because they easily begin to blend in and become indistinguishable.
    I agree. I shall do so.

Thanks for all the great comments. I could use help in finding a better font set. I'll keep looking and update on my progress tomorrow. Keep in mind that the final look of the site is not being shown here so I can wow you later. I just wanted some basic idea of it so you could help with colors and fonts. Thank you all so far.

I can't wait to hear more from others. Keep it coming please.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I spent a few hours perusing all the top free font sites online. I downloaded a whole bunch and came up with a list image of my favorites. I also fixed the current font's spacing for the header which is number one. If you have any font recommendations from movies, let me know. I would likes everyone's opinion here on these fonts or recommendation on a good cinema like font. Please don't leave me hanging.

http://www.zioncreation.com/images/2...ible_fonts.gif

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    After much deliberation, I have asked around elsewhere and added much more to the design of the future web site. Crits?

http://www.zioncreation.com/images/2d/cinerama_08.gif

Member #
    I think it looks pretty cool! It does give the feeling of a cinema
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Remove Ads