Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Howdy, please check out http://www.letsgomurphys.com/ and tell me what you think. It's basically intended as a career enhancing web site....a central location for my resume and other projects I've been working on. Unfortunately for now, most of my professional development work has been for my current employer and I'm leary of linking to their portfolio page. I wouldn't want my boss stumbling upon my site if he looks for backlinks, that might let the cat out of the bag.

I digress...please check out the site...I graciously accept comments and criticisms.

Thanks,
    Mike
    michael murphy
    Professional Web Development
    http://www.letsgomurphys.com/

Member #
    the masthead looks very nice, but overall it's a bit simplistic. Expand on it a bit more, and use the yellow in some other places and it could look better. That font in the title is unique as well, you might consider using images or sFIR to translate it to the content area.

I don't think a pdf is appropriate for your resume, it can be easily converted to html. Provide a print option if necessary.

Member #
    Jack000-
    Thanks for the comments. They actually help out a lot. I've used image replacement lots of times in the past but for some reason it never occurred to me to use on the headings of my own site...duh!
    Thanks again.
    -Mike
    michael murphy
    Professional Web Development
    http://www.letsgomurphys.com/

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Looks nice, I basicly agree with what Jack00 says (in this instance not in general)

I think you should definetly have a contact form, and some of the pages look a bit short, maybe either use the min-height CSS attribute or vertically center the page.

Sweet.

Remove Ads