Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hows my site?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.toeknee.tk

any comments appreciated,

Its just a site i do in my spare time and is a personal site but will soon also be my online store for web layouts. In other words i will eventually develop it to be more universal and not just for people that know me.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    two scrollbars? yuck...

colors are ok, but the same as everything else I see on the web nowadays.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    I ran it through w3 validator (validator.w3.org) and there seems to be a lot of errors, if you can not cut them all down for various reasons i would recommend reducing them as they affect search engine positioning poorly which if you are going to sell might cost you money.

I do like the top image, the "they want your ***" one and it did load fairly quickly.

Not sure about the red horizontal line, but everyone has their own preferences.

The footer could be compacted to fit maybe on one or two lines which would make it look much more professional.

Overall i think it was quite good, especially the images but maybe just a few tweaks will improve it.

Member #
    Thanks for pointing out the many errors in validator I'll start fixing those now. The red bar is actually left behind from the previous layout that i only just updated, it looked better back then but i think i'll remove the bar for this version. I'll do something about the footer too.

As for the two scrollbars ive never considered that to be yuck but i do see your point. I just find this iframe method easier. Maybe in a future version things will be different

anyway thanks again for pointing these things out

Member #
    no problem glad could be helpful

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Don't like the ad at the start - is that part of your hosting deal? If so, I'd get a new deal... doesn't need to cost anything more than peanuts...

Design appeals to me in a sort of gothic way... inspires me to get out my Gene Loves Jezebel collection and listen to something cheery like "Kiss of Life" ;-)

I would think carefully about the amount of space that your header is taking up... it doesn't actually tell folks very much on an ongoing basis... have you thought, maybe, of leaving the iframe out of the front page and just having that header plus the links, and then actually putting the iframe where the header currently is? So you'd have "ToeKnee 2.2 'Swarm'" then the iframe and then the links below... ? Would be more efficient use of space methinks... problem at the moment, I think, is that folks needs to scroll down, and stay scrolled down, to see your site so you're losing the header anyway!

I like the fixed background in your iframe... it works well.. wondering... how about making the background to the journal messages semi-transparent so that you could see the image through? Would add a degree of consistency to your different iframes... I think that would really enhance what is, in effect, your front page.

Sean

Remove Ads