Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey, check out my newest version of my online portfolio.

www.nghstudios.com

What do you guys think? :ninja:

Member #
    looks pretty good, but it looks like you've basically created the template in photoshop, sliced it, and exported the html. This might be easy, but you end up with a big table and a huge number of images. It over complicates the markup and results in an excess number of server calls. Some of your images are quite large as well. The banner image alone is 73k. Maybe compress a bit more?

for example, the left and right bars are a single images, while it can be easily implemented with a repeating background. I think your site would be very well suited to use a css layout, since it's very boxy and composed mainly of straight lines and gradients.

design wise it's not bad, but the lines on the side complicates the layout without adding much to the experience. I find the best designs are the ones that strip away everything that does not add meaning to the design. Flare for the sake of it is.... just not good :]

hope that helps

Member #
    Ok thanks for the comments. I will work on compressing and making my sites more simple and professional.

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's very very narrow, and consequently the text is very small (and hence can be difficult to read) and there is a huge amount of whitespace on the left and right of the screen.

Any reason why it's so narrow?

Sean

Member #
    I'm with seanmiller on this one. It's all too small and narrow for me. I don't find it very comforable.

As far as the style of the site is concerned, I can imagine it's cool if that's your cup of tea. I have never been a huge fan of the style because it reminds me too much of clan websites but no doubt others will like it.

I certainly think things need to be made a tad wider.

Member #
    sure it's narrow, but i think it looks great!

Member #
    well, using firefox anyway
    it looks like somebody just got a razor blade and chopped ff the bottom of the page
    i think it needs a better finish

Member #
    Yea, that part wasnt my fault. I dont know how to end the page right there. For some reason it extend my page, creating that space.

Member #
    I think it is a very creative site! I do agree that it is a tad too narrow, but I'm sure others would like it...You did a good job with the design and graphics..I'm in the process of redesigning my page and I like the way you have things set up there.. Great folio!
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    is there a particular reason you have more than one stylesheet
    anyway an easy way to get rid of that space at eh bottom is to place it inside a div container and set the bottom margin and padding to zero

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads