Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey everyone...
    I'm building a new website named RenderWeb. I have started on the layout and have been working on it for a while. I want a clean, simple design but I want it to look 'graphical.' Here's what I have so far. Remember, not too simple, but I want to keep it nice. I like how it's going but I really would like to put a few more graphical effects in the layout. Please give me recommendations and suggestions for good graphic ideas and suggestions for the entire layout and design of the site. I greatly appreciate it and look forward to the critiques!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    I like your banner, but unsure on the slanted lines at the top of it to be honest, perhaps removing them and making the RenderWeb text a little easier to read might make it a little easier on the eye?

Other than that I think the rest of the site is a little simple, and I would remove your Announcements panel and replace it with a featured portfolio piece.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Yea, I agree. The layout started out as a 'construction' type layout, but I never did get rid of the slanted lines. Actually, the idea about the featured portfolio piece did cross my mind and now that you've said something, I think I will change it back.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    I like the colour combinations, however I would have made the colours on the text/links stronger - they are a litt 'blurry' and fade to much into the blue background. Otherwise I think the layout is very nice. In addition to the Contact link, I would have inserted your contact details also on the grey bottom banner too.

A portofolio section is a good idea, however, I would have kept the Announcement section somewhere on the page, mażbe changing it to "Company News" or something - just to keep the page dynamic and making customers returning to your site.

Member #
    Thanks,I do want customers to continue coming to my site and doing that would probably motivate them to come back more...What if I created a newsletter and emailed it to all the people that signed up for the feature??
    --Kevin

Member #
    Ezines or newsletters is an excellent idea.

I would advise you to produce newsletters that focus more on general issues within your field of work. Dont create newsletters just to tell people about your monthly sale campaigns (electronic flyers), they will only go tired and you will have the oposite effect. There is enough spam out there already....

Write interesting articles about your field of work, present problems and soloutions to issues that affect your clients. This will generate an impression of you as an "authority" within your field and people will contact you for assistance.

Member #
    I need some quick advice. As my design is right now, the background will be white. Should I change the background to be a 'real color?' If I do that, would it be a good idea to put a rounded rectangle border around the whole layout so that it doesnt just jump from white to the new color? I need quick advice because I'm trying to get this site launched soon...Thanks for the replies!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Kevin

Remove Ads