Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Guys,

Nice site you have here, loads of good information for me to read!

Anyway, ive got my own photographic portfolio website and would love some comments about it, good or bad. Im new to this webdesign stuff, this is my first site, so would like to know where i could improve. Is the design anygood?

Thanks in advance. :squareeyed:

My site is www.mydoodle.co.uk

Member #
    doesnt fit in 800x600.
    nice photos tho, very nice.

Member #
    Hi, ye i forgot to mention that its only really meant for resolutions from 1024x768 upwards, ive not sorted out the padding etc yet.

Member #
    I like that different photos come up at random.

What I don't like is the way the name moves on the bottom every time I click onto a new page. Movement attracts attention, and I read it incorrectly every time before it was properly situated, but that could be just me.

I feel like there should be a larger gallery, but I guess you put that into archive? The nav options are not as intuitive as you may think.

You do have a solid layout and good colors. Those are probably more important than my user-quirks.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Ahh the pictures are wonderful! The website is also..
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    i think you should also put the text into a colored box , maybe a very light blue to match the text and also even though you want it for resolutions from 1024x768 upwards you should think about what most of the people in the world have, you may ruin their experience of your site

the flash on the bottom looks nice but is unneccessary
    people prefer to have the screen load quickly

Member #
    Very nice. My only suggestion would be to make the nav text a little less bold.

Nice photos.

Member #
    Thanks for the critiques and compliments guys, they have been all very usefull.

With regards the flash at the bottom of the page, im afriad i made a really amatuer mistake because id only just learnt Flash and just put it there for that very reason!

On the resolution front, i must admit i didnt really test it to run on 800x600, i should have, but kinda forgot! LOL!

Ive thought about having a colored background for the text and reckon it would look cool, so this is something i shall be doing shortly, thanks deadhippo for mentioning that, always nice to know im not the only one thinking along these lines!

Thanks again and keep em coming. :glasses:

Remove Ads