Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Guys,

Just finished my site

http://www.nick-harper.co.uk/

Could you let me know comments and if you think it is bad, then why?

Thanks

Poom

Member #
    my ideas

Bad Points:
    • I have to scroll to find what each menu icon is for in 800*600 resolution.
    • Your site doesn't contrast enough, there is no variation in the colour scheme really. I feel if you brighten up your text and dull your backgrounds it will make your text more readable.
    • Don't centre text.
    • Your site doesn't say what you do, apart from the (almost unreadable) text in the top right. Adding a page that details this will assist you in getting clients, instead of having it all on your home page.
    • Your font size is too small and virtually unreadable on large resolutions.
    Good Points
    • The is small, quick loading and gets across most of the information you want given!

Overall 2/5, as I feel there are many areas for improvement. Good Luck, and I hope my comments have been of use
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Thankyou very much

I will be trying my best to improve on all of those points ASAP and try my best to fix the problems!

Member #
    Avoid centring text that's in paragraphs, it's harder to read and looks messy.

I'm not so keen on the double borders, but that could just be preference.

Member #
    I like it! I agree about don't center the text. I really like how you made your icons like fade into a stronger color when hovered over...Good imagination there. Good job
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    I have tried to take into consideration everything that people have said!

I have now changed the "About Me" page to a "Services" page which says a bit about what I can do! Granted, the text is a bit dodgy but I will get it sorted out and try and make it sound a bit better!

I have un-centered the text and now made it a bit better and I agree, it looks a lot better!

I tried the manu icons at the top and it really didn't look right so I am not sure what I am going to do about those so 800 x 600 can see them in the main page!

Any more feedback peeps?

Thanks!

Nick

Member #
    Any more comments guys?

Member #
    I don't quite see the point of having a width that adapts to the users resolution because all I can see it doing is creating a stupid amount of empty space and a line length that is awkward to read.

It also breaks apart your inner content boxes.

Member #
    make the text in the upper right corner bigger, and make them link to the services page. the text links in the portfolio linking to the websites could have a white rollover, and the image could have some kind of rollover too.

As someone else said, it is very grey . My stuff is always too grey too, so I realy have no advice on how to make it more colorful, lol. I do know that http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html can help. Looking at your other sites, they have color, so you probably know how to fix that already.
    Jason

Member #
    I have just finished making the site completely valid so I have used just CSS in the actual content and removed the image based table so hopefully it will have improved accesibility and loading times.

I am just trying my best to get it highly ranked on search engines now.

I know it is very grey and I will be working on having some colours that contrast with it! Sort of like Sin City style

Remove Ads