Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fansite Website

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi, I am new to these forums, and have very recently started web design, with very little HTML knowledge prior to a few days ago. I am making a fansite for an awesome game, and have it partially done, only RC and RC: CG links in the navbar work as of now. I am looking for suggestions on how to make it look better. I know the logo looks awful, and i anyone can come up with suggestions on how to make it look better I will be grateful.

http://yurivish.com/rc

Member #
    very nice, especially for one of your first. Very semantic html and css.

However, I noticed that you've used "#rc1screen4:hover" in your css. I think IE only allows pseudo classes for <a> tags, so the hover effect may not work on that browser. I personally prefer simple and easy to navigate sites, but rachet and clank players might like a bit more flamboyance.

it actually looks better (inside and out) than many professional sites. Kudos for not using table slicing :]

Member #
    Thanks!

All of the hovers are for <a >tags in the sidebar on the RC and RC: GC pages. IE supports hover for <a> tags, so that's okay.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wow... It took me a good few dozen sites to get where I am today, and I still can't come up with a design that good on my own. Props!

Member #
    Thanks, but I actually 'borrowed' the design from another webpage, tweaking it slightly. However, I only took the look, and still made all of the images,HTML, and CSS for it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by yurivish
    Thanks, but I actually 'borrowed' the design from another webpage, tweaking it slightly. However, I only took the look, and still made all of the images,HTML, and CSS for it.
    some people wont appreciate your borrowing of designs but i guess weve all done that
    anyway...my opin
    i think it might look better if everything wasnt washed with orange
    i mean its ratchet and clank...they are in your face
    at least the header might look better stronger

the longer tables go down to the bottom of my browser bu there is a gap at the top
    i think it would look better if they were both the same

also i got two/three server errors, buty you probably know about those

back to a previous topic though
    i dont understand how you wrote all the css and html by yourself
    by tweaking another site as you put it
    its a contradiction in terms

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    As deadhippo mentioned, it is indeed a better idea to have some blank space at the bottom; just insert a blank paragraph or two (I think you have to put nbsp;s into them). It just looks very odd when the page ends and there is absolutely *no* blank space after it.

Member #
    Excellent for your for first web site. It validates both HTML and CSS and is laid out with CSS. My first web site didn't look very good, was laid out with tables, and didn't come close to validating. Good job! My only problem is this: a blank sidebar. Are you in construction, or is that supposed to be there?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mmm... Mine was done in frames :-D

Member #
    The blank space at the top only appears in IE, I was testing it in school and found that out. It appears normal in Safari, I'll check firefox when I come home.

What I meant about taking the design from another site was that I stole the looks, but not HTML or CSS. http://skti.org

I will comment on everything else when I get home, thanks for oyur suggestions.

The sidebar is only empty on the main page, not on the others, it contains screenshots and wallpapers there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads