Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

www.hardcoregamerzforum.com

I need to try and get some pointers on how to improve my PR3 site.

thanks

Member #
    One major problem I see is that your page is WAY too long. I would recommend dividing most of it up and making links to them..Its not necessary to put all the reviews, etc. on one page...split it up. Also there's way too much blank space at the bottom of the page. I like the color scheme though
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    you dont need all that space
    also do you really need all that advertising, it looks terrible
    is there a lot of traffic to your site?
    if you get a lot of traffic to your site because of the great content go ahead
    advertise your heart out, youre sure to get a few clicks
    but if not try to be more subtle
    maybe put the advertisemnt in sections and identify them as ads

Member #
    The banner text doesn't contrast well with the background. Also, the greeness with a rounded serif font strikes me as being more appropriate for a site about organic herbal rememdies...doesn't seem very hardcode gamerzz. Also, I'd drop the ".com" bit from your banner title - we're already there so we kinda know.

Yes it's too long (and too many ads) but otherwise seems pretty good.

Member #
    Thanks for the input guys... I dont know why my tables took off like that all the way down the page. I will try and fix them.
    Any ideas how i can up my PR? Im sure i need some reciprocal linking... right.

Member #
    Just glancing at your page you've done most of the right things but yes, back links make a big difference.

Try have people at http://bluegeckonetwork.com/designForum/index.php, an SEO forum. They can review your SEO for you if you ask nicely.

Member #
    There are a few problems with the Borders in IE, and the pages layout falls apart in the cheats section. The cheats section looks cool, but aren't there enough cheat websites out there? They all seem to be pretty big and well established too. Personaly, I would ditch the cheats section.

The page is full of a ton of ads, and then three small links and descriptions to the actual site. The ads are realy anoying, and since there is nothing else on the page(except cheats and ads) they will probably never visit it again, and they'll bookmakr the forums homepage instead. There doesn't seem to be much of a purpose to the homepage. Why not put the forum index on the homepage, or design the site around the forum?

And there's alot of stuff on this site about getting active forums and stuff if you haven't already gotten to it.
    Jason

Remove Ads