Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Newbite here

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey, Iíve really just started and as a student Iím looking at going into web design next year.

In the mean time Iím just playing around and Iíd like to know what you lot think of my site, its just a personal page about me and my mates.

I personally think that it all should be centered and maybe the orange toned down a little?

Any way here goes: http://www.forthelads.net/idea1/

Member #
    is that really a site?
    i just a got and orange picture with no links with colors that give me a little headache

Member #
    yea, the orange is a little too orange, also, the black isn't as easy to read on that orange as it could be. There are better oranges you could use. You need a header image at the top instead of the orange rectangle but that's probably in the works. Evenly space out the links across the bar, and it looks like the rollover isn't working. Also, try to use CSS for the rollover instead of javascript. Centering it would probably be good too.

The orange/white/black color scheme is a good idea, and the fonts you picked are good, they match the sites content.

It looks like you might have used some kind of code generator program. Since this site will probably use pretty simple code, I suggest manualy writing out the code . Plus, those programs like to spit out uneccecary code anyways.
    Jason

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    First tip is not to use Microsoft Word to design your website... it's like using a motorcycle engine to power a spaceship..., it's good at what it's meant to do, not quite so great otherwise...

And I cannot get any of the links to work... is it just the front page? In which case it's not really a site about your mates at all... it's a page with some text on it...

Look forward to seeing the finished article, then I'll comment.

Sean

Member #
    I used dreamweaver with the half code and design view I only know basic html at the moment.

Yes sorry right now it is just the front page, i just wanted to know weather the basic layout was ok, but you are right it is a bit early.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you used Dreamweaver why does your page code say it was generated by Microsoft Word ?

Word has managed to stick its nose in somewhere....

Sean

Member #
    Yeah I installed dreamweaver before office and when I installed office word stole the extension, so when I opened it again it was in word.

I arguee the code so far is a mess so tonight i'll redo it... I did have roll over images before but I took them out.

The tables arnt even coming out the way they should..

Thanks for the feedback guys

Member #
    Make the 'For the Lads' text clearer, it's just the wrong side of being blurred.

Mind you it might get better with the addition of alcohol...

Member #
    You mean not have the text blured at all?, or just less blured?

The drunken in the banner is what I was going for but I if it just doesn't go I wont go for it. Thanks again for all your help wish I could make up for it

Remove Ads