Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: Which design do you like best

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Interface 1

1 16.67%
  • Interface 2

5 83.33%
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm doing a website to promote a web design book. I have two comps. Interface 1 spoofs the idea of people who bought the book have joined a "movement" and the design is very collage based.

Interace 2 is straight up, practical...

Which one would make you want to buy a book?

Interface 1:
    http://jointhemovementnow.airgid.com/interface01.html

Interface 2:
    http://jointhemovementnow.airgid.com/interface02.html

p.s. the temporary book site is here:
    http://book.airgid.com/

Member #
    Definately Interface 2, the first looks too complicated and busy for my liking.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    In agreement with justlivyalife..Even though the second one doesn't have much of a book summary, it is the best one by far. I would recommend adding more text or take away most of the extra space at the bottom. Leave some space though..
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    the first one would get me more interested to buy the book. However, without you telling me what it's about, it would take a little while for me to find out what the site is about, and by then I would leave. The second sites design actualy looks like the book, and tells more about it.

The second one doesn't put enough information on the page. Almost all of the page is empty space, and what is there doesn't look interesting enough to read.

A mix between all three would be my favorite. the first one has more style and individuality, the second one has more to do with the book itself, and the origonal has the cool book rotater
    Jason

Member #
    Hi kairgid,

Nice to see you on the forum. I have been keeping an eye on your books progress for quite a long time now since I read your article on Creative Behavior. Really looking forward to it's release.

As for the interface, I like #2 the most. It looks very smooth and I like the style a lot. Nice work.

I look forward to the book's release.

Member #
    I prefer the first concept more original. Just one question. If this guy has written a book on making money from freelance web design then how come your designing the site for his book? I may have missed something but im curious lol

Member #
    Prefer interface #2 in the poll but I really like the temporary book site best. Need to promote the author to promote a book and the original site does the best job of that!

Good luck with your book. Looking forward to it's release.

Member #
    thank you

thank you to everyone for your feedback... i'm going with a modified version of #2

Remove Ads