Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.onedotpixel.com/project/

This is a project I have been working on for college, please let me know your comments, it's not finished yet but I still feel that it just needs "something" more.

Please keep in mind that the images at the bottom that scroll left and right are not finished, there will be a different set of images for each section. Also when you click on a section and the text fades in it moves a pixel or so to the left.

Also I will be adding an interactive part for the Feng Shui section that isn't done yet. There will be a 3D living room and the user will have to select some candles and place them in the room according to good Feng Shui.

Any advice and ideas are welcome.

The final version will be a flash executable as it is a CD presentation so please ignore the white space around the project.

Member #
    Interesting. I think when you open the page / flash you want to have something in the white screen. If you could get a looped movie of a candle flame it could look good. I think ou need some kind or banner title along the top too.

If this is for a CD presentation then you aren't having to worry about bandwidth and load times so getting more "multimedia" about it wouldn't do you any harm at all.

Looked good.

Member #
    Thanks for your comments. My lecturer said it needs more media elements.
    I was thinking that there can be a kind of "pop-up" area with the tutorial that the user will be able to drag across the screen and position it wherever they like and I was also thinking of enlarging the images when the mouse rolls over or clicks them.

Other than that I don't know what else to add

Member #
    Do you have access to a digital video camera? Make little 30sec snippets and embed them into the flash. Would be fairly time consuming but you would have a fairly complete multimedia experience. You could think about how to make it more interactive, like flash games, a quiz, that kind of thing. You say you would have something like that or the feng shui part - more of that.

Member #
    I've got a digital camera that can take video. I was thinking of adding videos before I started but thought there was no point. I never thought about adding a quiz, that might be a good idea too.

Member #
    I think it's awesome. I think you should make it though so that when the viewer clicks and holds the arrow button down, it should keep going instead of having to click it over and over. It's really awesome though! Nice graphics!
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    I've come along way with my project over the last few days and I'd appreciate it if you can give me overall comments now that it is almost complete.

There are a few issues that I have to take care of. Like:
    When the user clicks the arrow for the scroll bar when the mouse is held down it should keep going. I haven't figured out how to do this yet.

The section with how to make candles hasn't got any images yet.

The lecturer wanted me to add an introduction. I'm not a great fan of intro's so I have no idea what I'm going to do for that bit yet.

Also if there is time left (because I have to hand it in this Wednesday) I will add a video of the candle making process.

Please let me know what you think and if you find any mistakes or glitches please let me know.

Thanks

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I added the tutorial section. It is under "Feng Shui"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    TO do the click-and-hold thing, I have an idea that might work. Note that this is guessing, I'm not 100% sure and I don't have Flash to test it in, and I haven't touched Flash or ActionScript in a while.

That said, here's my idea: why not use two event handlers? Handle the onMouseDown (onPress?) *and* the onMouseUp (onRelease?). When the mouse is pressed, fire a function every so often (setTimeout in JavaScript, there has to be something similar in AS). Then, when the mouse is released, stop firing it. You could accomplish this by creating a global variable `firingFunction'. Assign the setTimeout result to that variable, and then set the variable to null when you're done.

I think this should work, but I might just be entirely 100% wrong. Some tweaks to that could easily make it so that holding it down for longer will make it scroll faster, if you want to do that.

Member #
    Thanks, sounds complicated but I'll check it out.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry... I would have included actual code, but since I don't have Flash, I can't actually test any, and I don't have any reference as to what functions exist and all. When I used Flash, I became very reliant on Macromedia's class documentation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads