Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: My site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've been doing web site stuff for a while, but whenever I try a design I never feel like it's quite completed, for the first time I really like my finished design, let me know what u think.

Also note taht this site is for people to typically get information quick (ie: check for rainouts and news)

Let me know what u think,

http://www.slbr.net/

Member #
    Its nice! I think the buttons may be a little overdone though, maybe make them smaller?
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    that's true, thanks for the thought, on second look they seem almost overpowering

Member #
    And also the black links below the buttons on the left dont really look that good on a reddish background.

Pretty good otherwise

Member #
    I agree with the comments on the buttons. I'd remove the 13 validation errors, and the unnecessary second vertical scrollbar.

Peter

Member #
    seems very amatuerish for someone who has 'been doing web site stuff for a while'

Member #
    I've been doing moderately easy stuff voluntarily for different groups/people.

A while being losely defined, as toying with it in and out for around a year, in the little free time I have.

I asked for constructive critism which you definately did not give me.

If it's so amtuerish, then tell me WHAT I CAN DO BETTER, THAT'S WHY I POSTED, i didn't say woah look at how skilled I am cause I sit in front of my computer, I did the thing in a few hours, look at other baseball league websites there absolute crap, most just html and sometimes frames, no css and rarely graphics. BE CONSTRUCTIVE

and FYI man that seems to know all, I AM AN AMATEUR, I don't do this for a living, I wouldn't even call it a hobby.

Your profile says your 19, atleast act like it.....

Member #
    1. 1750KB for a 600x400 image seems a bit excessive.
    2. 2 vertical scrollbars is 1 too many.
    3. centering is good, but shouldn't be used everywhere.

Best of luck with your site.

Peter

Member #
    the image was just a quick thing, actually put up monday and will be gone maybe friday, mostly left it large because I know a lot of people will want to see that image in full resolution.

Thanks for the scrollbars point, until pointed out it never really bugged me, but I need to fix that,

on centering, I agree I used it to much, but not exactly sure on what should be realigned, anythoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Make a smaller resolution of that pic with a link to the full quality resolution pic. that way casual viewers of the site won't have to wait for the full pic to load (which will also save bandwidth). The ones who want the big pic will still have the option to go to it.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads