Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    JR
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

i have noticed that a lot of people on here object to using frames and iframes, why is this, i am just curious

thanks
    JR

Member #
    Object? (that means not liek to or disagree with right?) .. well if it does.. I have no idea. I love them, i prefer iframes more, but it just gives you more room to play with on your webpage without going all the way down a few pages. I like them.

By the way, is there I way to insert IFrames in Fireworks anybody?

I know the html, but anyone know if you can do it in Macromedia Fireworks?

JR
    Member #
    i like frames and iframes too, i think most browsers support them so i dont see a problem there, i am confused lol

i doubt you can insert iframes in fireworks, i might be wrong because i don't use it
    JR

Member #
    no..

Awww maannn :cry:

JR
    Member #
    what i would do is make the image of an iframe then slice it up, make sure you slice the image of the iframe exactly then replace the image tag with an iframe with the same dimensions. That will work :classic:

Back to my first question, anybody who hates frames and iframes tell me why

JR

Member #
    Frames I would have to say I don't like, probably because they seem to be an old technology that I haven't seen used in a really good design in a while. IFrames I like in certain cases, but I have to agree with some arguements other's have brought up:

Originally posted by transio
    It all boils down to "Nielsen" usabilitiy. There are many problems with iFrames for website use, as follows:
    [list=1][*]Netscape 5.x and below will not support them[*]Internet Explorer 4.x and below will not support them[*]They can cut off portions of the content contained within them[*]They can add a scrollbar to your page, confusing navigation[*]Try using the scroll button on a mouse while over an iFrame... the page stops scrolling to scroll the frame - awful functionality[*]They have a negative impact on search engine indexing [HUGE][*]Opening one of the pages contained within the iFrame will eliminate your navigation or external look and feel[*]They don't ADD any functionality to websites. They only change the look of a website[/list=1]
    there was an IFrame debate on the forum here that you may find interesting. This is where Transio's quote comes from.

JR
    Member #
    well then if they are so bad to use what is the best way to have the content load without having to load up the navigation up each time?
    JR

JR
    Member #
    by the way i don't want to use an iframe just a frame for the navigation, is that as bad as using an iframe?
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I have a lot to say about this, but I'm on my way out.... I'll make a post later :-P

Member #
    A lot of website now still use frame for there site. Its not too old technology like slufdaddy said. The only thing that dont use too many frame for a site. two frame in a site is enough. And frame for navigation is OK ,cool too.

Another way,if you're able to do it! using flash, so you only load everything in one time.Frame in a flash also good and nobody can say that is an old tech.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads