Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi, I'm a 15 year old who is learning html and css. A few days ago, I decided to put my domain name to use and actually have a page instead of just using it for storing files and such. I just finished the current design, but it is still far from complete. It looks pretty good in my opinion, but there are a few things I need to do something about.

Edit: I didn't want to create a new topic, but I redid the layout completely. This time I need some ideas on what to do with the nav, because it looks very small as it is.

Thanks for the (hopefully) forthcoming ideas and suggestions!

http://yurivish.com

Edit: GAUGH! There's a rendering bug in IE.

That's what it should look like. But the nav gets shifted to the left.

And I need ideas on what to do with the nav, it looks very plain like that.

Member #
    hi yurivish

Site looks good. A little too much outer glow on the butterfly though. Lower it or even remove it. Otherwise its a good clean layout.

Cheers

Member #
    Thanks, I've been editing the site a lot since the first post. The butterfly probably isn't going to stay there, and if it is I'll lower the glow.

The layout just looks too...plain. I need a sidebar or something.

Member #
    It looks ok. I dont understand why you have two navs right beside eachother (well underneath). Which is the logo the Website text or the butterfly? I recomend you make the butterfly a nice light/warm color not black because its not to creative. What is this website all about anyways?

Member #
    The funny thing is I have no idea what the content is going to be, I was just bored and thought that it may come in useful after I figure out what the content will be. I'm probably gonna end up removing the butterfly...

The logo and subnav are separate because I want the subnav's text to be over the orange bar. I'm probably going to change the orange, too...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Looks okay to me.

Pleasant enough design.

You might want to break up your text slightly, maybe? Say split it into two columns with something top right to break it up... perhaps a picture or a secondary text box... if, for example, the content was an interview with somebody that box could have a photo of them or a snippet from the interview that captures its spirit.

Just an idea :-)

Sean

Member #
    I redid the site completely, but I need some help with the navigation. I don't know what I want to do, but I want it to be in the sidebar.

Remove Ads