Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: my site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Iam new to web building so take it easy lol.also its a free web host lol..

http://www.piranhaattack.tk

its bout piranhas with info and message forums...i would like some sugestions and comments...

built using html and javascript...

Member #
    i need help with my banner lol...

Member #
    It looks ameteurish, not to be harsh. There are a lot of web site "no no's" on your page. The first is the scrolling, and ping-pong banners. What's the need for it, it only has the short-cut web address in it aren't we already there? Second, almost everything is center aligned, yuck! Then there is the color scheme, red-white-blue-black, very basic. The picture in the banner runs over the border. Etc, etc, etc. Maybe put the navigation on the left, stacked top to bottom, and the content to the right of that?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The first thing I think when I look at the site is that it has been written top to bottom, rather than designed. I think you need to go back to the beginning and say "What do I want my site to look and feel like?" and design it on paper. See where you think the navigation would best be, see where you think the content would be best and then work out where you'd want to integrate ads or whatever else you wish to complete the page with.

Another poster said "Almost everything is centre aligned" and that is correct. Almost. Your navigation "block" (or set of red squares) which is the second "element" on your page is left aligned which results in a rather disconcerting black space on its right on higher resolutions.

Ideally each of your elements should result in a consistent width. You have a red-bordered header (which is fine) but then a slightly narrower blue line with your marquee on it. You then have some "orphaned text" which appears on the black background and then the left-aligned boxes. Next a couple of pictures, then a tiny "vote" box and then a very wide text box.... and so on, and so on... the problem is that the eye does not know where to look. It's forever being led left, right, into the centre, back out again...

Lastly; red, blue and black. All rather extreme colours... I'd tone it down a little or at least try to find colours that compliment each other. Would you go out in the street wearing a bright blue shirt, red trousers and a jet black jacket?

Sean

Remove Ads