Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've been learning HTML for about two weeks.I finally got brave enough to try to design my own website.Two weeks ago I didnt even know what a server was. Everything on my site is designed by me.No rip offs.I would appreciate any suggestions on how to improve my site.

http://breakboxgraphics.t35.com/.

Thanks

Member #
    I'm not an expert or anything but I think everything is a bit too big like the buttons. Also reading the text is a bit hard. The layout is good though

Member #
    You should make the copy actual text instead of an image and not center it.

Member #
    thanks I'll get started right now on fixing it

Member #
    hmm....

all i see is 4 images

Member #
    that's your first attempt?! GREAT WORK!!!

Member #
    All i see is a blackbackground however you did mention that you were going to work on something

Member #
    Looks OK, but there are a few spelling errors in your content section. For example "We do a variety of work involving video, print, and web related related graphic work."
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Sorry there's not much to see.I did resize the buttons to about half their original size.But that's about it.I really appreciate the input on my first webpage.I have learned a lot about web design from it.I am going to attempt a total redesign instead of fixing this one because after emersing myself in web design the last couple of weeks and learning css and the basics of xhtml I realise my my first attempt was not very good.I think that's ok though because I learned about what I do to make myself a better web designer.Also, I'm now taking the first site off.It has been replaced with the redesign.
    Again,Thanks

Member #
    Hi allen i think you are on the right track with the xhtml and css I am fairly new also and my first attempt at a website in febuary i used frontpage. when i looked at my site in differnt browsers i was shocked. The image method for a site is the wrong way to go i tried that because it appears more consistant in different browser. however as i can see from your page you are starting a business. And for that the way to go is to learn css and xhtml because their are other languages you will need to learn which will go hand and hand with xhtml and css and it would be difficult to implement these other languages with a gif website. This is the place to go http://www.w3schools.com
    you will actually learn from the people that set the standards for the web and its absolutly free to learn here with interactive tutorials. Goodluck with everything cant wait to see what you accomplish with xhtml and css

Remove Ads