Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Well, I recently got a new board for my forums. Ikonboard!

And my old board was IPB and that one died, no one registered, it was a waste of money.

could someone please give me suggestions about my new one?

well, here's the board... http://silver-stars.net/forums
    help out my forums please.
    From the main Silver Stars site!

Member #
    My suggestion is create one central topic, or there's no point for me to go there. For example, this forum's topic is web design. I go here to converse about web design. Your forum seems like a slew of random boards with no cohesiveness. I would cut down the number of boards to only a few so you can keep conversation reined in and focused until you get more members. Then find out what kind of boards they would like.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Bones
    My suggestion is create one central topic, or there's no point for me to go there. For example, this forum's topic is web design. I go here to converse about web design. Your forum seems like a slew of random boards with no cohesiveness. I would cut down the number of boards to only a few so you can keep conversation reined in and focused until you get more members. Then find out what kind of boards they would like.
    Well, I'm trying to get members there.

So, the board is about all kinds of discussions, you can of course talk about web design, or any other possible topic you'd like, just make a new topic about it.

If it's only for one main thing, not everyone can join..

in example, I've seen lots of boards about "Games" and I really dislike games, so I end up not bothering to join there cause I don't like games...

But a board like this one has lots of people cause there are millions of web designers, however, it's getting to the point where there's too much web design forums.

So anyway, you go there and talk about anything web design, literture, music, etc. etc. etc.

So, if you want, it would be very nice of you to join...

Aven

Member #
    Let's say I want to discuss games. How is your forum going to give me more discussion about games than a game-specific one?

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Standard forum building 101: Have something unique to draw in posters.

Check out www.theadminzone.com for forum admin tips.

Rule #1: When visiting another forum, READ THE RULES FIRST!!! example: advertising is a no-no here...
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by yurivish
    Let's say I want to discuss games. How is your forum going to give me more discussion about games than a game-specific one?
    By making a new topic in the "Games" catagory and talking about that specific game?

Member #
    But will I get more discussion at that forum, or will I get better answers to my question / discussion about my topic if i go to a game-related forum, where there are people who are ALL knowledgeable about games?

Member #
    But will I get more discussion at that forum, or will I get better answers to my question / discussion about my topic if i go to a game-related forum, where there are people who are ALL knowledgeable about games?
    the hell..

There will be all kinds of people in that forum, including ones with good knowledge of web design/games/politics/subcultures/religions/whatever.. it keeps on going.

So if you want "Knowledgable" people that know about games, you'll have to wait for members that HAVE good knowledge in games to respond.

That's WHY I need lots of members, for different kinds of people.

isn't that really the whole point of a discussion board?

Member #
    Let's say there's 500 members at your forum, and 500 at a gaming forum. Where would I be more likely to find better answers to my gaming-related question?

Member #
    Let's say there's 500 members at your forum, and 500 at a gaming forum. Where would I be more likely to find better answers to my gaming-related question?
    The Gaming forums, OBVIOUSLY.

But a discussion board of just ONE specific topic is pretty much real boring.

but an open-all-kinds-of-topics discussion board however is much better so that you can talk about ANYTHING. Sticking to one topic isn't much of a good idea, unless it's support/help forums like this one.

That's why there's "CATAGORIES" in forums, so that you can place specific topics in each one?

Aven

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads